Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

To All Single People - How Long Has It Been..?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
3 years here. it feels like an eternity.

any advances on 3 years?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm 17 and never had a (proper) boyfriend.
    Well I came out of a three year relationship in November and have since had two very short relationships. Been single for a month.

To be honest, I'm loving it :)

any advances on 3 years?

I left my ex 4th August 2002. Had a quick fling with a mate later that year, have been close to a couple of girls but not to the point where anything happened.

No sex since October/November 2002.

Am I winning? :D
    err officially 10 months but we kinda nearly got back together for a few months of that.

but yeh 10 months.

not fussed like. ;)
    About a year.
    Been about 3/4 months since all the shit with my ex finally stopped.

Before that, I'd permanently been on the rebound since about the end of 2003.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Been about 3/4 months since all the shit with my ex finally stopped.

Same.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Too fucking long.
    21 months
    One more month and it'll be three years ... ugh, that's so depressing.
    ... Not that being single is depressing, mind you :nervous: just that three years seems like a long time when you're young.
    21 months for me too.

In the time you've been single, have there been guys/girls at all? Kisses, one night stands, brief flings but nothing that could be classed as a relationship?
    2001. Think I've healed over now :rolleyes:
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    21 months
    :eek:

I thought 4 months was bad!
    ^No amount of time is 'bad'. We all have different needs and wants - some people need to move on quickly, others can sit back and wait for someone special. :)
    Been single 1 year. Seems like an age! Have had a few flings, a few fuck buddies and some kisses here and there, but just havnt met someone I really click with! The majority of people I meet are not over their exs! Im dead picky though.
    i often find that people who are constantly coming in and out of relationships are people who are not very picky about their partners, and juts settle for anything. thats just from what i have seen mind.

i would much rather 'sit and wait' for that magic girl to appear but then how long is to long? how long before you say "right, this is getting beyond a joke, i am LONELY"....
    I don't really sweat the whole not having a girlfriend thing. It's more the lack of potentials. If I was getting a date every couple of weeks then I'd be happy, even if they didn't work out. It's when I'm not meeting any new people that singledom gets me down. Sitting and waiting just doesn't work for me.

Now if I could only figure out how to meet all these new girls ...
    4 years for me. Never had a proper boyfriend. Still waiting to meet a guy worth 'going out with'.
    It's more the lack of potentials.

You've hit the nail on the head there. I wouldn't mind being single if I felt I didn't have to be single or that my ticket out of singledom (ie. a good bloke) was just around the corner. What I hate is months and months of NOTHING, when you just get to feel like you must be the most unattractive girl in the world because nobody ever notices you or shows even the slightest bit of interest. When you meet new guys who you fancy but it always ends up that they're not interested. People, it seems to me, are happy to be single unless they want to be in a relationship and can't find one, and then being single sucks.
    19 years. Bugglenut 'nd I take the cake.
    23 years and 4 months. Never been bothered by that though.
    last time sex: 31. March - 3. April.

I was in london and got to know a girl.

Last girlfriend+sex BEFORE that: almost 5 years ago.

apparently I am super nice and suave and my female friends think I look fairly fine, but please don't ask me why I fail. I must have the name of an ugly disease tattoed on my forehead, just I can't see it... or smth..
    too bloody long.
    Three years too and I didn't even notice...I just buried myself in work...how many times do you think you can fall in love and lose that special someone before you get fed up with it?
    It's more the lack of potentials. If I was getting a date every couple of weeks then I'd be happy, even if they didn't work out. It's when I'm not meeting any new people that singledom gets me down. Sitting and waiting just doesn't work for me.

I agree - being single doesnt bother me, in fact when all my gal mates complain about how hard it is to keep a relationship together sometimes its makes me glad im single, but i want some male attention - which makes me want a b/f. If i went on dates and generally met guys more- even if they werent my bf but just a bit of a fling then id be happy.

And ive been single since 25th Feb 2006 - so nearly 5 months.
    I've been single for ages now and have spent most of my adult life single. It doesnt really bother me, im happy enough. It seems to bother work colleagues and friends more than it does me. I've been in love once so know when its for real and im not going to have a half arsed relationship and mess someone about and cause myself all sort of grief and guilt when it all go's wrong.

Fact is im happy enough on my own, have a large ciricle of friends, big social life, a good job and a very nice standard of living. I like doing what I want and not having totake someone elses needs into consideration. My life is always on a level with no big problems to deal with any problems I have are of my own doing and not brought on by someone else.

For me there are two types of relationship, a brief fling where both parties only want the same thing or a full committed relationship where its the real deal and both parties are truely in love and not just in it until someone better comes along and the inevitable cheeting and aggro happens.

I've watched so many friends have weak relationships with people which have spiraled out of control and have led onto moving in togeather, having kids and getting married etc. Fact is they were never in love they just came togeather as they were both single and wanted to have a partneras its what society expects from them. It all goes wrong in the end, costs them financially and innocent kids are trapped in all this. I've seen it so many times as im usually the mate they come to with their sob story, although they never learn and start again with someone else....

I guess I've learned from my friends mistakes and have become a little cynical of the whole relationship thing. Im happy to carry on as I am, my life is still pretty damn good. I will only compremise my singledom when the right girl comes along and she can be assured that what she is getting is honest and the real deal, lets hope she appears one day and I can be convinced she feels the same.

any advances on 3 years?
    18 years. :(

I am 18, but never really had a gf or anything.

Have I missed anything? :razz:
    About 2 Months, before my ex it was 20 years.
    I'm quite happy being single but if the right bloke was to ask me out I wouldn't say no!
    Mine's a year. Just not meeting anyone compatible atm