Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dandruff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is horribly embaressing and discusting, but I've seem to find I've got a case of dandruff. I had it once before at the begining of the year and now I've got it again. Its not itchy or flaking off me or anything icky like that, but after the shower when I'm brushing my hair I can see the flakies in the part of my hair.

I remember reading on here that Head and SHoulders is bad. But thats the only thing I've ever known people to use.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I feel so icky :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    T-Gel is really good.
    If you use any product on your hair ie, mousse, wax, gel etc.... that could be what's causing the flakes or you might not be rinsing the shampoo out fully. It's not always dandruff.
    my_name wrote:
    This is horribly embaressing and discusting, but I've seem to find I've got a case of dandruff. I had it once before at the begining of the year and now I've got it again. Its not itchy or flaking off me or anything icky like that, but after the shower when I'm brushing my hair I can see the flakies in the part of my hair.

I remember reading on here that Head and SHoulders is bad. But thats the only thing I've ever known people to use.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I feel so icky :(
    Without a doubt head & shoulders.
    Dandruff is not ikcy...its dry skin.....:s I dont really understand why people get so worked up and grossed out by it. No one bats an eyelid if you have exma
    Zella wrote:
    Dandruff is not ikcy...its dry skin.....:s I dont really understand why people get so worked up and grossed out by it. No one bats an eyelid if you have exma

Just what I was going to say. It's not disgusting, really, don't be embarassed.
    Nizoral shampoo
    Blah wrote:
    Nizoral shampoo
    Just about to post that.
    T-Gel is really good.

:yes:

it's expensive but it works :thumb:

sounds like a daft thing to say, but make sure you're washing your hair thoroughly, not leaving any shampoo in it etc.
    Out of everything I have tried, head & shoulders was the only one to work. After about a week of using it, I never had dandruff again.
    I'd thought I get all the shampoo out of my hair, i rub lots and lots, but its also in the morning when I'm still not awake and late at night when I'm too tired to care :p

I'll have to pay more attention. Thanks :)

Ed keeps H&S at home too, since its there I'll try it, though if it doesn't work I'll buy the T-gel. (Cuz you all want to know what I'm going to do ;))

Thank you very much all :)

And everybody finds different things gross or natural or not gross or anything else. I think dandruff is icky and I feel icky with it and that is my personal opinion.
    my head is peeling a bit because i burnt it in the sun. :crying:
    i have another piece of advice, dont scrub your head or rub it too much, it will encourage more dandruff

just massage the scalp really gently, enough to clean it
    Blah wrote:
    i have another piece of advice, dont scrub your head or rub it too much, it will encourage more dandruff

just massage the scalp really gently, enough to clean it

Oh thanks :thumb: I could see that being a big problem.
    Try putting some drops of pure essential tea tree oil in your normal shampoo (perhaps 10 or so in a 200/250ml bottle), it might help. Also, dry flaky skin is often caused by stress, are you stressed at the moment?
    And just make sure you rinse out all the shampoo and conditioner.
    Hope that helps! :)
    Head and shoulders.

This will sound unorthodox, but instead of blowing loads of money on expensive hair treatments, you know what will get rid of it? Vinegar. Any vinegar will do, just pour some into a cup, wash your hair, and use the vinegar as a rinse. You can leave it in or rinse it out, up to you. The smell goes after a few minutes, and your hair is left shiny, silky, and the connicles lie flat so your hair won't be course. Give it a shot