Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Laptop Internal Scroll Pad - dead!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had to have Windows XP reinstalled yesterday. One of the guys from the IT Dept at work (who I also bought it from) fixed it for me. It's kind of back to normal now.

Only thing that isn't working is the scroll button just below the touchpad. The buttons do nothing when I press them. I've looked at My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager but the only thing listed in the 'Mice and other pointing devices' is a PS/2 Compatible Mouse - despite me never using an external mouse!

Anyone know how to get my scroll button working again?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    Have you looked at Control panel yet?
  • Options
    Might help if you provide MORE details like the make and model of laptop for starters
  • Options
    Might help if you provide MORE details like the make and model of laptop for starters

Does that make much of a difference?

It's an Acer Aspire 3000.
  • Options
    You'll need to install the touchpad drivers (From the acer website).

Windows XP only has basic touchpad functionality built in, just the same as you woulden't expect all the buttons on a fancy keyboard to work without installing software first
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you for your help. One of the guys at work fixed it for me in the end.
  • Options
    Does that make much of a difference?

Makes a huge difference. Someone was able to link to the proper drivers once you'd given more information...

Each machine is specific and unique, many things work differently on each model of laptop.