Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Doctor Who Doomsday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey,
Just wondering what you guys thought of the finale to this series of Doctor Who; did it live up to your expectations? Were you a little disappointed? Was it a bit too soppy for your liking?
Personally I loved it, though the whole Rose-trapped-in-another-dimension heartbreaking ending probably turned my brain to mush so I can't really look at the episode critically :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I loved it. :thumb:
    I actually almost cried. I think this series has been wicked though, the man in the fireplace episode was awesome.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I actually almost cried. I think this series has been wicked though, the man in the fireplace episode was awesome.

Almost? I *did* cry. Very sad.

Some really good episodes this series. Loved the fireplace one and I loved the one where the little girl was drawing people.
    I thought the ending was really good, it was nice that they trapped her another dimension and didnt kill her off. Not sure how they would bring back the darleks and the cybermen now, but I'm sure they'll find a way. I did cry at some points as well.
    I'd heard Billie say somewhere that there was a possibility that she'd come back so I knew they wouldn't actually kill Rose, I just hope that she does make a reappearance at some point *crosses fingers*.
    If they want to bring them back, Russell'll find a way :)
    I cried too, I can't really see how you couldn't if you're a fan.
    I *did* cry. Very sad.

Loved the fireplace one.

Me too :crying:
    The Girl In The Fireplace? Aah classic episode. I've seen that so many times ... not that I'm an obsessive fan or anything :nervous:
    Yep. I thought it was a good ending to a great season. Fireplace is probably my favourite too.

Now what can I do for the next few months? House is over, CSI's ending this week and Doctor Who gone till Christmas.

Time to watch the Tardisodes methinks.
    I can't wait to watch it. Get rid of that horrid actress that can't pronounce "th"
    I've seen better acting on those bad '50s horror movies.
    Now that all the episodes have aired there Ed's finally pushed them to the xbox so we started watching them last night.
    Loved it! Was so sad, especially when he didnt even get the chance to say "I love you" to Rose before his time ran out and then he was crying. Rose, Mickey and Jackie all in the other world, good choice, better then killing them off.

Over all, i hope when they give the Doctor a new assistant, she is way better looking then that woman in the wedding dress stood in the TARDIS at the end. And maybe give him a dude assistant full time too, like some of the past Doctors had.

I hope next season he goes back tot he remains of his homeworld, just to see them.
    The Doctor's new assistant has already been chosen. She's the one who was changed to a cyberman in Doomsday. Apparently the BBC liked her acting and she'll be introduced as the new assistant. Not sure whether or not she'll be in the Christmas special though.
    I loved the ending but was sad to see Billie leave :(

I was so glad they announced the new companion before the episode aired otherwise I might have lost many a night's sleep thinking Catherine Tate was the new companion after her appearance at the end! :eek:
    Sidtec wrote:
    The Doctor's new assistant has already been chosen. She's the one who was changed to a cyberman in Doomsday. Apparently the BBC liked her acting and she'll be introduced as the new assistant. Not sure whether or not she'll be in the Christmas special though.

She won't be in the Christmas special.
    subject13 wrote:
    I hope next season he goes back tot he remains of his homeworld, just to see them.

This is what I was thinking too.

In fact, I think flashbacks of the timewar might be good, with glimpses of other timelords.
    See the time lord who came before Ecclestone in it and see him die to save the universe from the Darleks and regenerate as Ecclestone...finally explaining the inbetween adventure!
    subject13 wrote:
    See the time lord who came before Ecclestone in it and see him die to save the universe from the Daleks and regenerate as Ecclestone...finally explaining the inbetween adventure!
    I'd love to see that *dreamy sigh*.

... No Doctor until Christmas though ... :( it's going to be a looonng wait.
    Sidtec wrote:

I liked her, she could pronounce her "th."

Just thought I'd ask this question in here instead of making a new thread... After every episode the little british guy says, stay tuned for Dr. Who Confidential or something along those lines, but they never say what it is, any help?
    my_name wrote:
    I liked her, she could pronounce her "th."

Just thought I'd ask this question in here instead of making a new thread... After every episode the little british guy says, stay tuned for Dr. Who Confidential or something along those lines, but they never say what it is, any help?

It was on BBC3 directly after Doctor Who was shown on BBC1. They're quite interesting actually.
    But what is it? Was it just a rerun of the show?
    my_name wrote:
    But what is it? Was it just a rerun of the show?

They have some clips from the show but its mainly a behind the scenes thing with interviews with the actors and crew. Did you know David Tennant actually has a Scottish accent?
    I was not aware. The boy with the blond hair that goes with Micky in the other dimension, fighting the cybermen, what accent is his? Is that scottish?
    Geordie...from Newcastle! He used to star in Byker Grove, childrens Geordie soap on BBC.
    Renzo wrote:
    They have some clips from the show but its mainly a behind the scenes thing with interviews with the actors and crew. Did you know David Tennant actually has a Scottish accent?
    Its funny hearing David Tennant's Scottish accent in the interviews.

Also, apocalypse. Daleks vs Cybermen!
    Loved the line from one Dalek: "This isn't war, this is pest control!"
    Just shows you that the Daleks have a rather high opinion of themselves.
    Can someone explain what happened because ive been away so i missed it.

How did Rose gets stuck in another dimension? and why?
    Its funny hearing David Tennant's Scottish accent in the interviews.

Also, apocalypse. Daleks vs Cybermen!
    Loved the line from one Dalek: "This isn't war, this is pest control!"
    Just shows you that the Daleks have a rather high opinion of themselves.

i loved when the two met. THat was absoutly hilarous. It was like two retards conversing. I was in stitches.
    film_buff wrote:
    Can someone explain what happened because ive been away so i missed it.

How did Rose gets stuck in another dimension? and why?
    Cybermen and Daleks came through a hole in space-time in Canary Wharf opened by the Torchwood institute. (This hole led to the alternative universe from the earlier episodes with the Cybermen)
    The Doctor and Rose re-opened the hole to send the Daleks and Cybermen back from whence they came, but Rose was sucked through before the hole collapsed in on itself. She is now trapped in the alternate universe.
    I hope K-9 comes back. I liked him :heart: and his waggley ears. ooooo
    I thought the ending was really good, it was nice that they trapped her another dimension and didnt kill her off. Not sure how they would bring back the darleks and the cybermen now, but I'm sure they'll find a way. I did cry at some points as well.

They will bring the daleks back pretty easily! the black dalek never got sucked back through the hole in the universe, just before they started to get sucked through he said something then dissappeared. I imagine they will just write that one back in cos the doctor doesnt know that dalek never went through the universe gap!?!
    Awww, I was on the edge of crying when the Doctor disappeared. I wish they hadn't put Catherine Tate in at the end though. I'm sure she'll be very good in the Christmas one (I think that's what she's for) but it sorta ruined the emotional note he left Rose on. Oh, when he was crying... awwwwwww.
    Awww, I was on the edge of crying when the Doctor disappeared. I wish they hadn't put Catherine Tate in at the end though. I'm sure she'll be very good in the Christmas one (I think that's what she's for) but it sorta ruined the emotional note he left Rose on. Oh, when he was crying... awwwwwww.

That's the whole reason Catherine Tate was there - so that it would be ended on a wtf note rather than an emotional one. They needed to end it in such a manner.
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=1749268&postcount=434

Look what i saw. The cyberman was a guy in a suit who was scaring small children.