Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Windows live web messenger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My sister has just downloaded this, and it has wiped all of her contacts from her MSN, and presumably the contacts of my other sister, and my brother, who all access MSN from the same programme on that computer.

She can still access her MSN contacts via my laptop, because I haven't got the new messenger (Windows live web messenger). Is there any way to copy her contacts in one go? Because we've just spent the last half hour copying them onto paper manually and I can't be arsed to do the same with the other two accounts.

This is also a bit of a warning that Windows live web messenger may delete all of your contacts. Unless I'm just crap and we're doing something wrong!

Comments

• Options
    Oh she's just got a message saying not to worry, that all the info will be transferred eventually. Panic over!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Never did it to me :p
  • Options
    Her contact list still hasn't been updated, and it has just deleted all the ones she typed in. Crisis continues...
  • Options
    i was just thinking that, just hapened to me right now
  • Options
    I thought the contact list was stored on MSN servers, meaning you can sign-in anywhere and still have your contacts. That's how my MSN Messenger works.
  • Options
    it is, just ive read somewhere that theres been a bit of an error and they are trying to currently sort it out

plus everyone pumelling their servers when they have upgraded cant help either

be patient young ones
  • Options
    so im back with good old messenger 7.5

and im going to stay that way until i have to, cause while live messenger is quite pretty and nice, this whole losing my contacts thing was a bit shitty, got them back though
  • Options
    In the end she uninstalled the new one and reinstalled the old one and got her contacts back.
  • Options
    What's so good about the new one?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    it is, just ive read somewhere that theres been a bit of an error and they are trying to currently sort it out

plus everyone pumelling their servers when they have upgraded cant help either

be patient young ones

Would that be why it keeps signing me in and out occasionally on 7.5?