Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

It's Sooo Hot ....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's so hot the stick on blind spot miror on my car fell off .. :eek2:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm loving it :D. Had a nice BBQ earlier and just sat in the sun all day.
    It's unbearable i am really struggling today, i have trouble with heat as it is.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've been hating life all day. Just been down the river though - refreshing.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I've been hating life all day. Just been down the river though - refreshing.

That's what I hate about where I live is the lack of water features like lakes, rivers, etc, it's just grass and tree's !!
    Apparantely tomorrow is meant to be hotter :( and a road in Cornwall has melted... (part of it, anyway)
    That's what I hate about where I live is the lack of water features like lakes, rivers, etc, it's just grass and tree's !!

Trees are good to sit under when it's hot. Not just because it's in the shade but because evapouration from the trees cools the air.
    Weekender Offender 
    I have air con so I'm not that bothered about the heat at work anymore. Would be nicer tho if it was about 10 degrees cooler
    here down south (portsmouth) the news just told me that its 37 tomorrow - i dont think its ever been so hot in my lifetime - i had a big interview today and all the trains were delayed due to a fire at a station, so i was late for it aswell as being REALLY hot - but they understood and gave me a drink and time to cool down - nice people :)
    jenni30 wrote:
    here down south (portsmouth) the news just told me that its 37 tomorrow - i dont think its ever been so hot in my lifetime - i had a big interview today and all the trains were delayed due to a fire at a station, so i was late for it aswell as being REALLY hot - but they understood and gave me a drink and time to cool down - nice people :)

It hit 40 a couple of years ago. I was working. :grump:
    Weekender Offender 
    I fucking hate summer so much. Sweat is such a nasty feeling when you're exposed to it 24 hours a goddam day. Just bring on the cold.
    lukesh has been banned.
    roads arre predicted to melt tomorw.
    Oooo if they melt, I can ring up work and claim I can't get there! Haha!
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Oooo if they melt, I can ring up work and claim I can't get there! Haha!

I wouldn't be surprised, it's 18 degrees outside (in my garden anyway) and has been since about 8am.... I think it's supposed to be 36 later on though.
    Yeah its going to be the hottest day of the year so far today!

Whats typical is im having a BBQ on sat... I just checked... and its supposed to be heavy rain!! :banghead:
    Urgh. I can feel the heat now.

I'm going into work and have to wear a fucking lame shirt that makes me overheat!
    It's really hot outside on Upper St. I'm so glad our aircon got fixed last week. Just on time.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Very hot here. I am going to stay inside. And make curtains. w00t.

It's too hot to do anything constructive outside and I wasted all day yesterday reading in the sun. Must do constructive stuff today.
    air con is killing the planet!
    just switch it off please ...like now.

soft stupid people want to be the same bleedin temperature everyday of the year!
    thats not real.
    I like the heat except when im in my bed on a night when my tiny bedroom turns into a fucking oven...and my fan broke...the motor burnt out so im stuck on a night with nothing but heat!....until i buy a new fan.
    Last week when we were camping it was 40 degrees in the tent. I'm glad we're not camping this week, although it would be nice to be out on Dartmoor or by the sea in this weather. Just not in a tent.
    Office is like an oven. No air con, but we have the windows open. That's no good, though, when there's no air to circulate. Sigh.
    my house is quite cool ...all windows open but with closed blinds and then closed curtains over them.
    bit dark but worth it.
    Miffy wrote:
    Last week when we were camping it was 40 degrees in the tent. I'm glad we're not camping this week, although it would be nice to be out on Dartmoor or by the sea in this weather. Just not in a tent.
    Did you take Sophie as well? I'm impressed!
    i nearly went to dartmoor once.
    Did you take Sophie as well? I'm impressed!

No we put her in the kennels with the dog. :p

Course we took her you daft narna! :D She loved it. In fact she has gone feral and doesn't like being indoors anymore. :eek:
    "It's hot! Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking."
    i nearly went to dartmoor once.

I was in Princetown last week. Not the same bit that you nearly visited though by the sound of it!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It. Am. HOT.

Jeebus.
    ok wow, i forgot got you guys are on "C" and in the USA we use "F"....i was never that good at converting to the other temp. system but where I live, in Chicago, it was 93 two day ago, about 90 yesterday, and today it's supposed to be around 90 again. Thank geez my work is in a mall and they blast the AC 24/7. :razz: