Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting rid of a podge

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lipsy wrote:
    when i say 'curve' i'm not talking about a roll of fat.
    but thats what it is isn't it? you can't have a curve on your stomach without fat
    but theres a difference between a bit of a curve and too much fat
    There you go, that's nice:

JLo.jpg

Not really into the Kelly Holmes full on six pack though:

_40012488_holmes_mutola300200.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think that Kelly Holmes' look is as much to do with muscle mass as a low body-fat content, though.

I agree generally, that women look better with a bit of fat on them. But then most women prefer men with a bit of fat on them too. I don't know many women who prefer the "veins popping out" look. I think we all enjoy cuddling too much.
    Ballerina wrote:
    but thats what it is isn't it? you can't have a curve on your stomach without fat

yes you can.

you might have a bit of a curve but when you grab it there's nothing there.

yours will just be puppy fat, you're only young.
    its worth remembering that photos of celebs are always airbrushed to make them have bigger boobs and slimmer waists.

im sticking to my original point though that men like a bit of curve rather than flat toned stomachs. male friends and boyfriends have always told me not to lose weight because of this. (although yes, there is a difference between curve and CURVE).
    yes you can.

you might have a bit of a curve but when you grab it there's nothing there.

yours will just be puppy fat, you're only young.
    :yes: exactly
    also.... 100 crunchs a day is not very many at all. if you are REALLY adament about getting your tummy toned, you should do at least 300.
    Haha, some of us aren't quite fit enough for 300 a day :p
    I have this thing and it's really annoying cos i don't know what it's called or how to describe it.

Its like a thing you use to do crunches. Um it's like a thing that rocks back and forth. I dunno. Anyway i did 100 crunches a night doing that and it soon sorted my stomach out. 300 and i'd have been dead i expect.
    I have a podge also. I'm going to put a special probe on my Dyson and suck the fucker out.
    :lol: if only
    lipsy wrote:
    i can't remember where i heard it. i just mean that its not natural for a woman to have a completley flat stomach like men do. its natural for there to be a curviness to it.

Yep. Women can have flat upper stomachs (down to the belly button) but below the belly button is where all your essential girl reproductive bits are, and it's not good for you to leave them unprotected, so your body likes to have a little fatty pad there to keep everything healthy.

Yes, it's fat, but it's good fat, like boobs, not unecessary fat.
    kaffrin wrote:
    Yep. Women can have flat upper stomachs (down to the belly button) but below the belly button is where all your essential girl reproductive bits are, and it's not good for you to leave them unprotected, so your body likes to have a little fatty pad there to keep everything healthy.

Yes, it's fat, but it's good fat, like boobs, not unecessary fat.
    i feel better now :)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I dont know why people do sit ups everyday. Weighted crunches once a week will do the trick. People think you can spot reduct fat but you cant.

Also "podge" looks nice on a girl. :)
    HIT wrote:
    Also "podge" looks nice on a girl. :)
    And feel nice too :)
    300 is quite a bit different than 3 million. surely you cant even feel the burn after 100 sit ups?

and as unfortunate as it is.. the first place you store fat, is the last place you will lose it as the body works backwards. Which in most cases is the tummy.
    I dont think you feel any burn from sit ups. When I was into high volume training I did sit ups non stop for 15 mins before my training, & the only thing I got was a bad back.
    HIT wrote:
    I dont think you feel any burn from sit ups. When I was into high volume training I did sit ups non stop for 15 mins before my training, & the only thing I got was a bad back.
    well i certainly feel it!
    Sure it wasn't crunches? Which will isolate the abs causing them to burn.
    HIT wrote:
    Sure it wasn't crunches? Which will isolate the abs causing them to burn.
    oh yeh i only do crunches. i don't think i could sit all the way up :p
    Another thing that help trim the waste is twisting. Put a broom stick behind your neck & twist left to right. :)
    crunches dont hit the lower abs anywhere near the way they hit the upper abs and this is why the "podge" can appear. your upper abs are strong but the lower abs are weak causing that area to appear undefined.

try lying on your back, shoulders off the floor, hands at the side of your head and slowly raise your legs up to a 45degree angle and back down to about 4inches from the ground. you will feel this in your lower abs and might help with getting the "podge" rid of!
    Of course I'm not saying this just because I'm lazy as hell -- but long live The Podge! :thumb:
    \
    sophia wrote:
    :thumb: briggi, will you marry me? :D

:flirt: Ooh, a thousand times YES!

:heart: