Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a week to destroy hezbollah!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
america give israel a week to destroy them and if they haven't ...
have i heard this right?

Comments

• Options
    Haven't hear of anything, googled it tho, but could't find anything, mind you if it is last minute it might not be there yet...
  • Options
    Haven't hear of anything, googled it tho, but could't find anything, mind you if it is last minute it might not be there yet...
    i was half listening to the telly in the background ...i may well have heard it wrong ...
  • Options
    i was half listening to the telly in the background ...i may well have heard it wrong ...

It wouldn't surprise me from the US...
  • Options
    But the US is evacuating their people from Lebanon... So my guess is they know someting is coming...
  • Options
    But the US is evacuating their people from Lebanon... So my guess is they know someting is coming...
    So is britain...
  • Options
    iskids.jpg
  • Options
    So is britain...

Well yeah, if the US do it, UK do it, other countries are going to d so too tho...

I guess it's going to blow big time...
  • Options
    It will take more than a week.

But lets hope Israel eradicates that disgusting Islamist gang of thugs for ever.
  • Options
    It will take more than a week.

But lets hope Israel eradicates that disgusting Islamist gang of thugs for ever.

At what cost?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    At what cost?

Children, women, innocents... as usual unfortunatly...
  • Options
    The atrocious and deliberate targetting and slaughter of civilians, civilian infrastructure and residential areas of Beirut has only strengthened support for Hezbollah. Israel is its own worst enemy like any state agent of terror, destruction and prolonged racist tyranny.

Ohmert excels at demonstrating how not to safeguard your borders.
  • Options
    Its war, there will be casualties. However those who live in the real world realsie that countries sometimes need to fight and accept that there will be casualties in such situations.
  • Options
    The trouble is that israel make the lebanon government responsible for the acts of the Hezbollah... Which just means it give them a reason to blow the all fucking country up...
  • Options
    ok i began to watch some news coverage on it then got rather lost and confused. Could someone tell me why the US are telling them to destroy hezbollah in a week?
    I don't see what good will ever come from bombing each other to bits. America are saying its WW3
  • Options
    Its war, there will be casualties. However those who live in the real world realsie that countries sometimes need to fight and accept that there will be casualties in such situations.

Ah yes, the age old excuse made for those countries one likes whilst screaming "we must invade and overthrow the regime (i.e. Saddam) cause he attacked his neighbours and killed so many in his wars".

Congnitive disconnect and inconsistency of principle at their finest.

Of course Im sure Mat wont go risk his skin to further the warmaking he loves so much. Back to the x-box fantasy world of sanitary destruction, lad.
  • Options
    Of course Im sure Mat wont go risk his skin to further the warmaking he loves so much. Back to the x-box fantasy world of sanitary destruction, lad.
    :yes: thats one of the scariest things i see these days ...the play station people advocating death.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    America are saying its WW3

IMO I think that's what Bush is looking for, so he can use the State of emergency and stay in power longer than it should... But that's just my view on it... Either way I think he will try to do someting similar...
  • Options
    IMO I think that's what Bush is looking for, so he can use the State of emergency and stay in power longer than it should... But that's just my view on it... Either way I think he will try to do someting similar...
    so america are going to get involved? that means we will too then - here we go
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    so america are going to get involved? that means we will too then - here we go
    whe,m it comes to the migdle east america always involved.
  • Options
    Rest assured this is just another phase in the realisation of the PNAC agenda. Israel returning to occupy southern Lebanon as they did previously in order to provoke any whiff of military response, no matter that such is rightfully defensive, on the part of Syria.

When that happens, you will see headlines blazoned with the already prepared soundbites of Syrian/Iranian acts of aggression (laughingly from the PR depts of the actual aggressors themselves) which will give the pretext for significant intimidation of the UN SC to sanction military strikes against one, the other or both.

Recall that Israel has been clamouring for open war in the region since before the dust of the WTC towers had even settled. All according to the long dormant script.
  • Options
    Congnitive disconnect and inconsistency of principle at their finest.

I don't see you out risking your neck.
  • Options
    I don't see you out risking your neck.
    why wold he?
  • Options
    I dont support illegal war of aggression as you do Mat, so join up and put your claims into practice.

Else, you can do what most virulent little x-box warlovers do and let some other poor kid go lose his life, limbs or sanity playing the pawn in yet another neocolonialist effort at conquest, subjugation and increased corporate hegemony.

I've little doubt you'll choose the latter.
    why wold he?

MR, its pretty clear that Mat doesn't think much deeper than the reactionist response ingrained into him by the emotive and decontextualised news snippets he is inundated with. That he responded as he did only goes to prove my point about cognitive disconnect.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Bombing Lebanon's only going to make Hezbollah stronger. You bomb people and they'll only hate you more.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    As usual Matadore conveniently ignores that until now Israel's bombs and missiles have been directed at the population at large and the country's basic infrastructures, rather than at Hezbollah.

And as usual he has failed to condemn such acts, even though he talks about the 'repugnant' Hezbollah.

The deliberate murder of civilans and collective punishment on the entire populaton are apparently okay so long as it's the side he supports that's doing it.
  • Options
    and what do you guys mean about that ww3 theory, as some earlier mention? is it possible?
    if no, where/when do you believe it will stop?
    if yes, and you have (hypothetical) option to chose the side, which it would be? :chin:

personaly, i find a lot coincidences between events happend in europe 1938 and 1939 and these today in middle east... what was hitler's exscuse for attacking poland? as i know, it was some accident on the border. i am not talking abot the real reason, but only to excuse he presented to the world. and the world was also "worried" as it is today...
  • Options
    Yep Israel have been given a week...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1823924,00.html
    The US is giving Israel a window of a week to inflict maximum damage on Hizbullah before weighing in behind international calls for a ceasefire in Lebanon, according to British, European and Israeli sources.
  • Options
    Oh and of course britain is backing the US up...
  • Options
    :(
    I am finding this so frightening.
  • Options
    Imagine how the poor Lebanese civilians whose towns in the South are being illegally targetted and destroyed feel. Billions of dollars worth of infrastructure redevelopment following the decades of internal strife and prior Israel occupation and destruction has all been destroyed anew along with hundreds of innocent civilian lives.

This is another war crime for which the spineless Western leaders refuse to hold Israel and its terrorist leaders to account, all the greater hubris of the US/Israeli neocon aggressivists.