Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Steroids

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hit

HIV and other infections if users inject and share injecting equipment. (my italics)

That's not adding it "just to make up number of side effects". Its referring to safer injecting practices. Do you know where your local needle exchange is located?
  • Options
    HIT wrote:

EDIT: Who is making out there harmless?

you
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    HIV and other infections if users inject and share injecting equipment. (my italics)

That's not adding it "just to make up number of side effects". Its referring to safer injecting practices. Do you know where your local needle exchange is located?
    I have never heard nor read anywhere of any steroid users sharing needles. Usually people that use steroids are slightly more intelligent than your average heroin addict than sharing needles. Where a heroin user will almost need a fix, steroids dont.

EDIT agin: HIV is another side effect they add to the list to make up numbers.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    you
    Care to point out where?
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I have never heard nor read anywhere of any steroid users sharing needles. Usually people that use steroids are slightly more intelligent than your average heroin addict than sharing needles. Where a heroin user will almost need a fix, steroids dont.

EDIT agin: HIV is another side effect they add to the list to make up numbers.

We never get steroid users at our needle exchange van, oh no.

Oh well, its your health.

*shrugs*

For anyone else thinking about trying steroids - think very carefully about it, research the (very real) risks and always use clean works.
  • Options
    Loads of great info from the Lifeline drug agency (purveyors of some of the best drugs info known to man) here
    http://www.lifelinepublications.org/downloads/a28.pdf
    http://www.lifelinepublications.org/downloads/a27.pdf
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Of course, you know far more about it than anyone else in the world? We never get steroid users at our needle exchange van, oh no.
    No I dont everything as I am still trying to learn about them. I would rather take advice from a knowledgeable steroid user/researcher like big cat than someone that works in a needle exchange. Oh in which people usually go to needle exchanges for needles not advice.
    Oh well, its your health, I don't give a fuck tbh.
    If your attitude is like that with your patients, I think you need to think about your career

For anyone else apart from HIT thinking about trying steroids - think very carefully about it, research the (very real) risks and always use clean works.
    HIT wrote:
    If anyone does decied to do steroids, always research them before using them
    HIT wrote:
    But it does help when people do there own research rather than take someone else's advice.
    HIT wrote:
    When you research you can tell.
    HIT wrote:
    if people research then they know how to avoid side effects like balding, enlarged prostrates
    My words exactly. If anyone wants advice visit a bb forum with real people who have used steroids, not substance misuse worker.
  • Options
    whatever mate, I don't really care, just trying to give you some friendly advice. If you want to ignore it, thats up to you.

I'm just wondering why you're so sceptical and hostile to being given advice?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    whatever mate, I don't really care, just trying to give you some friendly advice. If you want to ignore it, thats up to you.

I'm just wondering why you're so sceptical and hostile to being given advice?
    I'm not, knowledge is power, I dont mind taking advice from anyone that has information. But however I simply pointed out that HIV is an unnecessary side effect associated with steroid users, the other side effects are true but HIV is unnecessary.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I'm not, knowledge is power, I dont mind taking advice from anyone that has information. But however I simply pointed out that HIV is an unnecessary side effect associated with steroid users, the other side effects are true but HIV is unnecessary.

:banghead: HIV (and other bbv's) are a very real side effect from sharing works - it does happen y'know.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    :banghead: HIV (and other bbv's) are a very real side effect from sharing works - it does happen y'know.
    You could add that injecting in the arteries can be dangerouse which is a better warning than HIV. I think the majority of sane people wouldn't share a needle, steroid users are intelligent (I am talking about those who research) so sharing needles will seem idiotic to them.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    You could add that injecting in the arteries can be dangerouse which is a better warning than HIV.

Seeing as steroids are usually used IM not IV, that's a rather redundant bit of advice.
    HIT wrote:
    I think the majority of sane people wouldn't share a needle, steroid users are intelligent (I am talking about those who research) so sharing needles will seem idiotic to them.

You'd think so wouldn't you? But its sometimes how people are introduced to it from someone at a gym. BTW, needle exchanges are more than places to get needles - they can give you proper advice around injecting techniques, which needles to use etc. Probably better advice than some bod from down the gym.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Seeing as steroids are usually used IM not IV, that's a rather redundant bit of advice.

You'd think so wouldn't you? But its sometimes how people are introduced to it from someone at a gym. BTW, needle exchanges are more than places to get needles - they can give you proper advice around injecting techniques, which needles to use etc. Probably better advice than some bod from down the gym.
    I agree with you on the last one, except for the sources.

Some people have accidentally injected into arteries. If they dont pull back to see if blood has entered the syringe.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I agree with you on the last one, except for the sources.

Not sure what you mean about sources.
    HIT wrote:
    Some people have accidentally injected into arteries. If they dont pull back to see if blood has entered the syringe.

True. But its a better bit of work to give people safer injecting advice than to say "don't go into an artery".
    Check out that second Lifeline publication for injecting techniques
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Not sure what you mean about sources.

True. But its a better bit of work to give people safer injecting advice than to say "don't go into an artery".
    Check out that second Lifeline publication for injecting techniques
    By sources I mean dealers.

Are we going to agree with each other now?

Thats a good guide, that should be posted on a roid board. Another thing users need to learn is to rotate sites or suffer abscess.
  • Options
    Yep, we can agree. :) I still think doing steroids is daft, but then I've been known to be fairly daft myself at times, so meh. ;)
  • Options
    At the needle exchange do they supply insulin needles? I remember a few years back that someone I know was actually refused them.

By the way I dont approve of steroid users using needle exchanges because if they are big & rich enougth to buy steroids then they should buy there own needles.
  • Options
    o/t
    turlough wrote:
    Anyone see that video of the guy who's arm exploded because of steroid use? His arms were grotesque, funny at the same time.
    LOL that's Greg Valentino.

Here is the video

It wasn't steroids that made his arms explode, it was something called synthol.

So his arms are not as big like that through just steroid use, but actually synthol. Like women have botox in there lips, synthol is for the muscle.

He was paid a shit load to tell people that steroids had done this to him. He is also the most hated man on the bb scene.
  • Options
    Using testosterone in a cycle will not help you keep any gains over any other steroid. And there are plenty of other deriatives of testosterone that will keep your libido in check.

Yes, running Deca on it's own wouldn't be advised but there are alternatives. I would especially not recommend running a long esthered test like cyp/enan if you were trying to avoid acne due to the long time in/out of the system...

But yeah we're just going to go around in circles aren't we.
  • Options
    Using testosterone in a cycle will not help you keep any gains over any other steroid. And there are plenty of other deriatives of testosterone that will keep your libido in check.

Yes, running Deca on it's own wouldn't be advised but there are alternatives. I would especially not recommend running a long esthered test like cyp/enan if you were trying to avoid acne due to the long time in/out of the system...

But yeah we're just going to go around in circles aren't we.
    So recomend me a cycle that it safe & will keep my gains & please include pct & dosages & reasons. And are you familular with the saying "no test, no cycle"?
  • Options
    Personally, I would base my cycles on test, but there is NO reason why people shouldn't, especially in terms of gains.

If I were to recommend a non-test based cycle it would depend on the goals... are we aiming for lean gains, no bloat etc?

If bloat isn't a concern then a good old fashion Dianabol cycle would be fine or Anadrol, say 30mg ED for 4 weeks, PCT starts day after last tab and could be as simple as 60mg Nolvadex day 1-3, 40mg Nolvadex til day 10, then a further 11 days of Nolva @ 20mg.

If I were after lean gains I would go for anavar (80mg ED?), or turinabol (60+mg? ED)

Obviously they are the main orals I would consider, if I were heaing to go for an injectable based cycle then you have EQ or Primo etc = both excellent compounds!

Obviously if you are on for more than say 12 weeks I would probably throw a couple shots of HCG in there to get the nuts going.
  • Options
    Personally, I would base my cycles on test, but there is NO reason why people shouldn't, especially in terms of gains.

If I were to recommend a non-test based cycle it would depend on the goals... are we aiming for lean gains, no bloat etc?

If bloat isn't a concern then a good old fashion Dianabol cycle would be fine or Anadrol, say 30mg ED for 4 weeks, PCT starts day after last tab and could be as simple as 60mg Nolvadex day 1-3, 40mg Nolvadex til day 10, then a further 11 days of Nolva @ 20mg.

If I were after lean gains I would go for anavar (80mg ED?), or turinabol (60+mg? ED)

Obviously they are the main orals I would consider, if I were heaing to go for an injectable based cycle then you have EQ or Primo etc = both excellent compounds!

Obviously if you are on for more than say 12 weeks I would probably throw a couple shots of HCG in there to get the nuts going.
    Anadrol :crazyeyes Thats probaly the most side riden steroid on the market.

If you have lots of money then I would buy anavar. I was going to buy some but its a pound a tab. And primo is extremley expensive aswell. No one though should ever do dbol only cycle, because once they finish it they only manage to keep about 2lbs gains because the rest is estrogenic gains.

Well heres an article big cat wrote himself called The sane cycle

I wasnt never going to personally touch testosterone, but reading this article changed my views.

And pct for nolva is

weeks 1-4

40mg
    40mg
    20mg
    20mg

If using injectable like test. e pct should start 10 days after last shot.

But I hate the look of nolva. It has to many sides, I would opt for something else rather than nolva or clomid.
  • Options
    Had a jab from a friend the other week as a tester. Seems ok, did notice myself getting frustrated over small things and makin drama, definatly noted some bodily changes(only small) and even after one jab I was commented on my arms and shoulders(I've been training a lot recently though).

My arm was quite painful for a few days to be honest.

Overall I may give them a go soon.
    Sheer coincidence. Its the placebo effect.

One jab isn't going to do a thing. It takes about 4 weeks for injections to kick in (apart from test. suspension). Its your mind. There's no such thing as roid rage, granted if your naturally bad tempered you will be bad tempered on a cycle, but if your a laid back person you will feel on top of the world. Its only natural when your hear of side effects like rage that the mind starts telling you that you will get it, your mate could have injected you with water & you would get the placebo effect of rage.

What compound did you take?
  • Options
    Definately placebo, although my mates have had a difference from 6 week courses. Pinning obviously using Deca and something else I'm not sure of.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Probably worth mentioning that theSite has a few articles on steroids and steroid use for those of you who are interested...
  • Options
    Aware of plecebo effect from the start, but i've gained weight for sure already, (it's been 4 weeks+ tbh

Within the week there was definatly a change in my mind slightly, sounds bullshit but others noticed how irate over small things I was becoming and didn't even know about the steroids.

Yeah just looking at my arms now there's definatly been a gain I can tell for sure.

Think it was Parabolin, can't really remember to be honest.

surely they arent a permanent gain though, when you stop taking them do you lose the gain rapidly unless you exercise extensivley. as for the change in the mind though i dont think i would ever condiser them
  • Options
    If you have only had shot of any steroid, then it will not effect you at all. You have to keep on injecting for 4 weeks until you see results, that's why you use orals to kick start the gains.

If you only 'think' it was tren you injected, then your a very silly person for using a substance you dont know about. Have you done any research on steroids at all? Steroids can be a very risky game if you dont know what your doing. If you had researched then you would have seen how long injections take to show (apart from some! Which after only one shot wouldnt have made a difference). That one shot would have suppressed your natural testosterone levels.

But the rest of the things happening to you is definitely mind of matter. Really you should have fully researched steroids before hand.

Anyway who gives away free Parabolan shots? To my knowledge they are quiet expensive.
  • Options
    surely they arent a permanent gain though, when you stop taking them do you lose the gain rapidly unless you exercise extensivley. as for the change in the mind though i dont think i would ever condiser them
    Depends on the compound & the actual stack. All steroids once you stop taking them will make you loose a couple of pounds. But when people research them, they know how to prevent this from happening.
  • Options
    Gains are gains, whatever solid muscle you gain can be kept, but you'll have to fight for it, i.e. hard training and lots of food.

The problem is that after the cycle your bodies natural test is completely shut down, no test = not holding muscle.

So you need to over compensate with everything else and get natural test back up on par with a good solid PCT.

HIT - Dbol only cycle can be very good, I know people who have easily kept 10 lean lbs, and as far as PCT goes, Nolva doses vary individually, and test E PCT should start 14 days after last shot, sust would be 3 weeks.. it depends really..

It's because of the ester attached to the compound, longer esters take longer to leave the body.........For example, test prop would out a lot quicker...

I might do a dbol/deca/test cycle in the winter I think.. who knows ;)
  • Options
    Bread & butter cycle, dbol/test/deca, I would go for it.

Today I have just started anavar for 6 weeks.