Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ephedrine And Sport

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, cut a long story short i was recommended by a friend that using ephedrine whilst playing football increases energy levels and u can keep running about. so i thought great anychance u can get me some, so he got me 4, i am taking 2 tablets today and i was wondering if there is anything i should be careful with whilst taking these tablets.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers :eek:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm, they're used in quite a lot of manual workplaces and amongst bodybuilders and stuff. In my opinion they are a very dirty feeling stimulant, not pleasant at all and can make your heart rate really high... not good if your already speeding it up exercising, not worth it I don't think. They're not massively dangerous unless you have a pre-existing cardiovascular problem, heart trouble etc but I think you'd be better off without.

In other words they're shit.
    agree with uprising- they're shite and agrevate exysting heart probs...
    They kill at least a few young american football players every year.

They are a crap stimulant and can be really nasty on your heart.
    I used to use ephedrine, they give you an enormous rush of energy which makes you feel like you could run a marathon but after about 45 mins the paranois creeps in as you come down.

They make your heart beat faster and are pretty dangerous.
    Isn't ephedrine the stuff in diet pills?
    The diet pill fiend I know always had bad health problems when she took things with ephedrine, ended up in the hospital twice.
    Yeah that's right - while I was on the high I had no apetite whatsoever - the same for most of the downer too.

The other thing is it can effect the prostrate gland too - you'll be standing that the urinal for ages but all that will come out is a small trickle.
    As everyone said before, using stimulants of anykind while exersising is not the best of ideas. Stimulants can increase heart rates dramatically, as can exersise. A fast heart, turned into a faster heart, is not a good thing. I highly reccomend you not use ephedrine while exersising or playing sports.
    Is this the same as effergin?
    Ephedrine may well prove beneficial for football. If you do decied to use it then research it before hand.

Ephedrine also in combination with caffeine & aspirin (ECA) make a good fat loss stack. But its definitely not to be messed with by people who dont know much about it.

Off the record ephedrine was banned, but yet again thanks to the FDA there was insufficient evidence linking it to a baseball players death. Basically what happened is a baseball player was using ephedrine & had a heart attack. It took 5 years to discover that the baseball player was heavily using cocaine as well. So its most likely the coke that done it.
    Oh & another thing, ephedrine is also medicine as well. They are used in cold medicines.
    HIT wrote:
    Oh & another thing, ephedrine is also medicine as well. They are used in cold medicines.
    HIT - Stimulants are dangerous during high endurance or strenuous activities. A Strained heart is NOT an advantage.
    Psuedoephedrine is what you are thinking of in cold medicine. As far as I know, ephedrine is only used in some asthma inhalers.
    HIT - Stimulants are dangerous during high endurance or strenuous activities. A Strained heart is NOT an advantage.
    Psuedoephedrine is what you are thinking of in cold medicine. As far as I know, ephedrine is only used in some asthma inhalers.

People abuse ephedra without knowing it, I wouldn't use more than 15mg a day. There's plenty of other benefits to ephedra as well, including its anti catabolic effects on muscle tissue which can be beneficial for cutting.

I agree ephedra can be dangerouse but people use stimulants before activities including caffeine which not only increases energy but increase endurance as well.

I wonder when nutritional companies will start manufacturing them again?