Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ive failed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ive failed my first year, only one module, ive got to do a resit. except the resit is the week im meant to be going to costa brava, its already booked. do you reckon they would change the date of the resit as it is already booked or will i be better off in tryin to cancel my holiday? im so fuckin pissed off, i tried so hard.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    theres no way that they'll change the date of the resit, put it that way.
  • Options
    thats what i thought. going into the travel agents tomorrow.
  • Options
    so if you only failed 1 module you didn't fail the hole year did you?
  • Options
    If it isn't a core module you might not have to pass it anyway...ring the department and ask them.
  • Options
    Also check your insurance, if it's with Endsleigh then it covers some cancellations due to resists.
  • Options
    no but im still shit scared. i need all the modules to pass. ive been looking in the student handbook and its a drawing project not an actual exam, should have thought about that seein as we dont have exams with it being an art course, but i was a bit flustered.

ive got to ring the department to confirm my resit, and im also going to explain my holiday situation to see if they will let me hand the project in 2 days early.
  • Options
    Also check your insurance, if it's with Endsleigh then it covers some cancellations due to resists.

ive not got my insurance yet, only booked the holiday friday so weve not sorted it yet
  • Options
    well, if its not actually an exam and you're going to offer to hand it in early then id have thought that would be fine. surely the date theyve given you is the latest you can hand it in?
  • Options
    yeh id have thought so. its a body project, just gotta find some naked people now......
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    well, if its not actually an exam and you're going to offer to hand it in early then id have thought that would be fine. surely the date theyve given you is the latest you can hand it in?
    Unless it's one of those you have to do under observation?
  • Options
    its a project that takes place over a number of weeks, i have from now, until august 14th to do it. so it wont be under observation. im going to talk to someone tomorrow. i cant see why there would be a problem as they will still have the finished project by the date stated.