Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

people interfering with relationship...hmmm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do some people feel like they have to try and ruin a good thing for people? I have a very good relationship with my girlfriend and would never hide or lie to her about anything.

well last night some person decides to tell her that i slept with some girl (i hadn't by the way)...not like it had anything to do with this person..

what i cant understand is what would make somebody make something up like this and tell them something unfounded?

of course ive explained that i didnt sleep with this girl and she believes me so its all good.

its wound me up a bit. grrr

Comments

• Options
    Was this other person a guy who fancies your girlfriend?

Anyway i wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like you have a good relationship with her and she trusts you, so thats all that matters. But yeah i can understand how something like that can piss you off.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Was this other person a guy who fancies your girlfriend?

not that i know of, thats the only reason i can think of...

its just puzzling.

good job it hasnt caused a row between us or i'd have been even more miffed.
  • Options
    He's probably jealous?

Have you spoke to him or not? (actually, dpending on what type of modd you're in, this may not be a good idea)
  • Options
    yeah how well do you know this guy? if he's a friend, id seriously be reconsidering your friendship with him ATM.
  • Options
    thats the thing, its not someone i know well at all, i guess she speaks to him more than i do.

its all blah blah blah now anyway cos ive sorted it out with her, i just fancied a bit of a whinge and other peoples opinions. good job it didnt bother her tho.
  • Options
    The question is does she still associate with him now it's become obvious that he's lieing to try and break you up or cause an argument between you?
  • Options
    could have been another girl told her to try and break you both up. dont ask me why, girls do silly things like that.
  • Options
    its a bloke btw. its pissed her off a bit as well.

its someone neither of us know that well, but oh well its done now, and past it.

we're both at work at the moment so havent discussed it fully yet, will be doing when i get home. im just glad it hasnt affected us bad because we are going good at the moment.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    well last night some person decides to tell her that i slept with some girl (i hadn't by the way)...not like it had anything to do with this person. what i cant understand is what would make somebody make something up like this and tell them something unfounded?
    Reasons as to why they do that: jealousy of your own happiness, or just plain malice.
  • Options
    looking at the majority of answers (including my own original answer) the general consensus seems to be that the lad in question needs a nice lumpy addition to the side of his head. from your answers though i can see that this doesnt really seem to be an option.
    This make the situation a bit more tricky imo, i wouldnt really know what to do besides hit the guy. so i dont know what to suggest but im sure somebody on thesite will have some advice other than lamp him...

ETA: this post actually has no relevance what-so-ever.. i posted it in the the wrong thread :blush:
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    This make the situation a bit more tricky imo, i wouldnt really know what to do besides hit the guy. so i dont know what to suggest but im sure somebody on thesite will have some advice other than lamp him...
    Nah. :p
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    ETA: this post actually has no relevance what-so-ever.. i posted it in the the wrong thread :blush:

Nah, I think that's exactly what he needs.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Nah, I think that's exactly what he needs.

and then Koe will get into trouble for it...

I've actually been in a similar situation like this before and it sucks. It will die down eventually.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    and then Koe will get into trouble for it...

I didn't say it was a good idea, but anyone who spreads that shit needs a beating.
  • Options
    People do that because they dont like to see a happy couple, its plain jelousy.
  • Options
    rairaib wrote:
    People do that because they dont like to see a happy couple, its plain jelousy.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Reasons as to why they do that: jealousy of your own happiness, or just plain malice.
    Sofie wrote:
    I've actually been in a similar situation like this before and it sucks. It will die down eventually.

:yes: This was the same sitch for me. So called "friends" tried to ruin my relationship. It has died down, but I dont consider them friends anymore, though they don't know... but thats another complicated story.

I reckon it was jealousy that she cant hold down a relationship and she is a complete bitch too so yeah. As long as your gf trusts you and whatnot, then its fine to ignore it, even if you fury over it for a few days. Some people just need to grow up.