Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feel like complete shit! less in fact!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why did you have to take Businness Studies? With media, you could probably go into journalism.
  • Options
    well firstly you need to decide what you actually do want to do. you didnt have[/] to take a gnvq in business studies as there are lots of courses available that you could have done. what you need to do is sit down and work out what you want to be doing in 10 years time and work out how you can acheive that. for example say you wanted to be a plumber you will need to take a year a college learning the basics then try and get an aprenticeship with a decent firm and work your way up from there. who knows, the business studies thing may come in useful one day!
  • Options
  • Options
    in that case you can take things one of 2 ways, either try and get a low level job in some media procution place or newspaper/publishing company, learn as much as you can and try and work your way up (this way involves a lot of chancing and lucky breaks) or the second way is to go to college & uni taking a relevant course then try and land a decent job at the end of it.
  • Options
    Just to clarify i didnt take media art or photography, I was just wondering what careers you could do with them cause someone I know toom them

Im studying buisness and history and just wondering what to do now
    im hoping to go to uni but dont know what i can do
    i feel like ive really fucked up
  • Options
    Stanmford test might be a good idea...
  • Options
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    whats that?
    Helps you decide what would be good for you.

It is on the UCAS website.
  • Options
    There is another one on www.ukcoursefinder.com
  • Options
    My friends been doing media studies at uni for the past few years and loves it! shes got a spot on the uni radio and a column in the uni paper, and hopes to go further with music journalism. That could be one avenue..
    Perhaps going to a diff place for a-levels or courses? to get away from the teachers at least!
  • Options
    Hiya,
    I'm doing Multi-media journalism at Bournemouth uni, which is really good! its especially good because you can not only leave and get into journalism but you can also go into PR and production as all of these things are covered in the course. I've learnt how to create and edit TV news packages, create edit and produce radio packages and news bulletins as well as the traditional writing skills that are essensial for the job. There's loads you can do with a general media course as well, my boyfriend is studying Media and Communications and he covers things from journalism, writing, press releases as well as some PR and advertising. A general media course is good if you don't know where abouts in the industry you want to go, but if you do theres also the specific courses such as mine, and things like PR, promotions advertising and communication skills.

Hope this helps