Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why do guys go for less attractive girls?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    now i know why im single! yay!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    now i know why im single! yay!
    :lol:

and I know why ive never been without a bf for more than a few weeks :( :impissed:
    :lol:

and I know why ive never been without a bf for more than a few weeks :( :impissed:
    urs i suspect is the better situation ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

I think a lot of men aim extremely high in the pursuit of women; a little too high in some cases... but god knows [almost] everyone loves a trier.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    urs i suspect is the better situation ;)

Well yeah cos it means she has a gorgeous bf :D
    youre so charitable.

I thank my lucky stars every day.
    youre so charitable.

I thank my lucky stars every day.
    lol anything to help somoene in need...at tleast ur not ugly and lonely :D
    i doubt its because guys feel all charitable and feel like helping the less fortunate
    Guys go for less attractive girls because a) they're easier and b) it does their ego the world of good and makes them feel more attractive because they are more attractive.

When 2 people are as attractive as each other, there's a lot of competition.
    Define less attractive.
    Less physically attractive, less confident about their looks and less desired as a whole by members of the opposite sex.
    if you judge attractive by how desired they are by members of the opposite sex, then maybe the ones who some say are the less attractive ones that men go for more often, are actually the most attractive.
    if you judge attractive by how desired they are by members of the opposite sex, then maybe the ones who some say are the less attractive ones that men go for more often, are actually the most attractive.

:thumb:
    Well people don't always go for the things they want because they don't think they'll get them. That's the point, and I think it goes for both sexes.
    Guys go for less attractive girls because a) they're easier
    thats a bit of a harsh judgement
    I think tbh, physical beauty is only part of the reason a guy will be attracted to a woman. I might not be the most beautiful woman ever to exist (believe it or not) but I dont look too bad, and im friendly, smiley and approachable. I dont have a shortage of male attention usually either if I want it. I dont think guys look at me and think "shes not that gorgeous so I`ll go for her", but given the choice between a supermodel-esque beauty who was friendly and approachable and a not as pretty friendly and approachable girl, I still think the super-pretty one would still get the most attention, but if super-pretty looked like she KNEW she was gorgeous and wasnt being that approachable, then of course, guys arent gonna bother even trying and are gonna go for someone who was still nice looking, but seemed like they could actually get along with too.

Its got nothing to do with being easy, sexually. More to do with being easy to get along with.
    hmmm i think it is because people find different things attractive, and also some people dont care about looks and just personality
    jenni30 wrote:
    hmmm i think it is because people find different things attractive, and also some people dont care about looks and just personality

:yes: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't being 'attractive' much more than looks?
    I think tbh, physical beauty is only part of the reason a guy will be attracted to a woman. I might not be the most beautiful woman ever to exist (believe it or not) but I dont look too bad, and im friendly, smiley and approachable. I dont have a shortage of male attention usually either if I want it. I dont think guys look at me and think "shes not that gorgeous so I`ll go for her", but given the choice between a supermodel-esque beauty who was friendly and approachable and a not as pretty friendly and approachable girl, I still think the super-pretty one would still get the most attention, but if super-pretty looked like she KNEW she was gorgeous and wasnt being that approachable, then of course, guys arent gonna bother even trying and are gonna go for someone who was still nice looking, but seemed like they could actually get along with too.

Its got nothing to do with being easy, sexually. More to do with being easy to get along with.

That is bang on the mark, imo :thumb:
    Because less attractive girls are more giving in the bedroom apparently
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Because less attractive girls are more giving in the bedroom apparently
    you mean super-gorgeous girls are generally shit in bed?
    Ballerina wrote:
    thats a bit of a harsh judgement

Yeah, is a bit. And it's probably not true either...
    There's always an attitude that a man wouldn't go for a woman "out of his league", but the same applies to women too.

Define unattractive though. You can't. One man's meat is another man's poison, after all.
    possibly because good looking is defined by the media, and attractive is defined by the gonads
    Big Gay wrote:
    gonads
    *hehe*
    Really, beauty comes down to personality too/inner beauty.

I don't think I'm that pretty. I have pretty features sometimes, but I'm on the big side.

My boyfriend, when we first met, thought I was gorgeous, and last night, as we lay in bed, I grabbed my stomach and went "yuck".

He took my hand away and looked into my eyes and said "1) I love you no matter what. and 2) I don't mind. You are beautiful."

Aww <3

But one of my - well she is kinda my friend, but I dont like her, so we'll just say acquientence - is quite pretty. But because she's such a bitch, she can;t hold down a boyfriend for very long, and a lot of guys who know her for her, think she is ugly.

Beauty comes from the inside right? But it cant all be about inside beauty. Personality can only take you so far, as can beauty. Its a balance thing.
    sorry if im repeating anyone cos i havent read all the posts. But i know exactly what you mean.

For me its the simple reason that 'uglier' girls generally have better personalities i.e. have a good sense of humour, arent stuck up and just easier and more fun to talk to. Also i can act more myself round an 'uglier' girl such as joke around more as its not such a big deal if i loose her. Where as with a fit girl you're shiteing your pants hoping you don't make a fool of yourself cos shes so much hotter. Also yeah i think its prolly a state of mind thing, like there's less chance she'll be cheating on you and you don't worry bout her cheating on you so much.
    duckyduck wrote:
    For me its the simple reason that 'uglier' girls generally have better personalities i.e. have a good sense of humour, arent stuck up and just easier and more fun to talk to.
    That's the exact reason in my opinion. I don't believe what you said for a second, but I think that attitude sums up how a lot of guys feel about very attractive girls. They assume that because they're good looking, they'll have a shit personality or will be up their own arse. Whether they really feel this way, or it's just an excuse to not bother interacting with them (and risk rejection), I'm not sure, but I suspect it's the second one. I reckon if they genuinely believed that the girl would go out with them, then they wouldn't be so judgemental. I also agree that a lot of guys might try hard to not make a tit out of themselves in front of very attractive girls, which means they won't be themselves round them.