Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weird lump on my neck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Managed to get a doctors appointment for tuesday morning, but wondered if anybody could suggest an explanation for this.

I have a weird lump on the left side of my neck, 2" round from the spine and just below my hair line. It's solid to the touch, and there isn't a matching one on the other side, ergo it shouldn't be there. It's roughly the size of my fingertip, about 2cm tall by 1cm wide, it's vertical on my neck. Apparently you can't see it as it's under the skin, but it can definately be felt. Noticed it 10minutes ago, and after prodding it a bit it now aches. It doesn't interfere with the movement of my neck, and aside from a brief and headache yesterday, I've had no other symptoms.

Any suggestions? It had better not interfere with me going away to blackpool on wednesday. :grump:

Comments

• Options
    Could be a swollen gland or cyst something... I'm not really sure. Best to go to the doctors and let him/her decided.

As far as I've heard, lumps that are painful are generally not too dangerous.
  • Options
    Make sure you have it checked out.

My sister-in-law had something like that and the doctor gave three possibilities; harmlesss lump, TB, tumour.

Let's hope it's just a harmless lump.
  • Options
    Waiting for the NHS helpline to call me back.

It's not painful at all now, just there. I'm aware of it though so it's going to annoy me. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You're doing right getting it checked out; it could be completely harmless but it's always better to be safe than sorry in this kind of situation. It's fairly common to experience these lumps but that's not to say it's never anything more than a harmless cyst or swollen gland. Don't fret, just keep an eye on it until Tuesday and see what your GP says.