Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Probs with Vodafone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I cancelled my contract with by fax in March and they charged me an extra months line rental, I asked why this was and they told me that they didn't get my fax. I've told them that this is not my fault and I will not be paying them the extra month. I got sent debt collectors notice which has to be sorted out next week.

I have explained to Vodafone by phone twice, by letter three times and by email once and they bassically ignore it and tell me I owe them for the extra month. Any way I can wiggle out of it?

Comments

• Options
    I dunno. How much do they want?

Do you have any proof of when you sent the fax?
  • Options
    £25, one months line rental.

I don't have a fax recipt so I guess I am stuffed! although as soon as I faxed it over I stopped using the phone but that doesn't really prove anything.
  • Options
    This is why you should be with 02. ;)
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    £25, one months line rental.

I don't have a fax recipt so I guess I am stuffed! although as soon as I faxed it over I stopped using the phone but that doesn't really prove anything.

It could be quite a challenge if you can't prove when you sent the fax.

If it looks like the debt collectors will bill you more (not sure how they work) on top of that, chuck the £25 at them, put it down to experience and never use the bastards again.

Maybe someone else'll reply and have a better idea, though.
  • Options
    I'll keep trying them untill a day or two before the debt guys actually take over, if they don't budge then I'll give them the money.

I'm on T-Mobile, dunno if their sods like Vodafone though.
  • Options
    On a serious note...

If you don't pay them, you'll only end up with a big red cross by your name next time you try to get credit. Maybe it's better just to give them the £25...
  • Options
    I probabnly will, just wanna push them a bit more see if they will wipe it. I doubt they will being such a bunch of twats that Vodafone are!
  • Options
    cant see them wiping it tbh, depends when you sent the fax though.
    Normally phone contracts have a cut off point where you can cancel before a certain date (like the 5th of every month or something) after that they will charge you for another month.
    If it did go down to a court case (which would really not be worth it for £25) you would probably win anyway when they check your (house/work) phone records (it should show a call made to their fax number on the date and time you've said.