Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shoot em up!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Do you know of any good PS2 shoot em ups which I can get? Preferably one I could buy on Ebay for about a tenner.

It doesnt have to have a plot, or be in any way sophisticated, just good fun.

Any ideas anyone?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Any of the Timeplitters games should be right up your street. I've got Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube. It's an excellent game.
    Get Black. If you just want plain fun get that!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    HALF LIFE.

Nuff said.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    HALF LIFE.

Nuff said.
    On PS2? What's the point?
    On PS2? What's the point?

Whats the point of any shoot em up on PS2? You don't got a mouse!
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Whats the point of any shoot em up on PS2? You don't got a mouse!
    Good point. When they're designed for the console though, they can be quite good. PC conversions are usually shit.
    Excellent, all good suggestions I'm sure, though I doubt I'm going to nip out and buy either a PC good enough to play games or an Xbox just so I can try them.

Black seems to be the closest to what I want.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    You can pick up an Xbox with Halo quite cheap now. Best 1st person shooter on a console by far.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    You can pick up an Xbox with Halo quite cheap now. Best 1st person shooter on a console by far.

But I've already got a PS2, you'll notice I didnt really want to spend more than a tenner on the game, let alone £80+ for a whole new console.
    Soon to be a whole old console!

My PS2 is one of the old fat ones, so its probably not got all that much longer to go before it gives out. Damn cheap crappy manufacture to make sure you buy one every year.
    bongbudda wrote:
    My PS2 is one of the old fat ones, so its probably not got all that much longer to go before it gives out. Damn cheap crappy manufacture to make sure you buy one every year.
    Too right. PS2's are infamous for being shit quality. They won't sell parts for them either so you can't get them repaired, you have to buy a whole new one.
    Mine's one of the old fat ones and its just starting to show signs that its about to die ... still ticking away though :D
    Mine's old and chubby but it still works fine.

As for games, I dunno about PS2 cos I don't play shooties on it but my favourite PC of all time still is Deus Ex and they made a PS2 version of it I think. Half Life 2 for the PC is pretty good. Just completed it but sadly not as good as the first one plus the AI seems to have got dumber.
    Too right. PS2's are infamous for being shit quality. They won't sell parts for them either so you can't get them repaired, you have to buy a whole new one.

EBAY DOES.

Problem solved.
    As long as Pro Evo still works im fine :D
    Mine seems to run ok, or at least does now after I got the thick layer of dust off the inside. The person I bought it from must have had the dustiest person ever, vile levels of dust you'd think not possible in any normal conditions.
    well because of this post i have just been on ebay and bought Time Crisis 3 and a G-con2 gun! All because the post made me think of shooty games on PS2. God Damn you Posters! now i gotta spend time on time crisis instead of Pro Evo - god knows what the g/f is going to say about this! haha:hyper:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Bong get an Xbox, get broadband and get Halo so I can repeatedly kill you while trash talking you like the yanks do. :p
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Bong get an Xbox, get broadband and get Halo so I can repeatedly kill you while trash talking you like the yanks do. :p

I'm skint mate, as in counting the penny jar skint.