Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my mum stopping me

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote:
    so would you rather your mum not give a shit?

It does seem that way.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    In 5 years time, when you have grown up a bit (read a lot), you will see that your mum was probably right. However, until then, we could give you a million concrete reasons why she is doing what she is but you will still be so stubborn that you cannot see it. Even though it is staring you glaringly in the face.
    erm, is he on benefits now? and doing odd jobs, cos if he is and hes not declaring it etc. then he'll be done for fraud
    he sounds like trouble, and your mum obviously trusts you to let you go out etc. but has drawn the line, i do worry that the teenage rebellion will kick in and get annoyed at us and her and see him anyway, which will just make things worse.
    Believe it or not, your mum knows what she's talking about. She doesn't want you getting hurt, and by the sounds of it, he doesn't sound like the kind of person you should be with. I know I don't know him and you do but suprisingly, your mum is probably right. They always are. Kinda shit fact but yer, it's true.
    what exactly do you want advice on!? everything thats been said so far has just been thrown back at that poster so why even ask to begin with?
    icey wrote:
    what exactly do you want advice on!? everything thats been said so far has just been thrown back at that poster so why even ask to begin with?
    Actually, it sounds more like she wants us to agree with her side than for advice.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Pocky wrote:
    Actually, it sounds more like she wants us to agree with her side than for advice.
    Oh right.

OH YEAH I AGREE YOUR MUM SUCKS
    JsT wrote:
    OH YEAH I AGREE YOUR MUM SUCKS

:D
    wildchild wrote:
    :D
    Evenin!

You alright?!
    lisalashe wrote:
    do you think im stupid or something!!!

Yes.

I think she's probably right (and if she's not, tough shit).
    How old is the boyfriend?
    JsT wrote:
    Evenin!

You alright?!

I felt like a short trip down memory lane so I'm back for a bit... have you been posting here ever since I left, or did you take a break too? Although seeing as how you've got nearly 12,000 posts, maybe I don't need to ask that. Long gone are the days when it was cool to retire once you hit 1,000!
    wildchild wrote:
    I felt like a short trip down memory lane so I'm back for a bit... have you been posting here ever since I left, or did you take a break too? Although seeing as how you've got nearly 12,000 posts, maybe I don't need to ask that. Long gone are the days when it was cool to retire once you hit 1,000!
    I've had several mini breaks but always found myself coming back!

Its like a drug!
    rachie004 wrote:
    she's speaking Irish

Irish people are far far beyond anything English :rolleyes: :p
    isn't irish a completly different language? she seems to be speaking inbetween.
    Tbh this guy sounds like a grade A loser. Everyone's heard the "I've got a criminal record, no-one will give me a job" excuse, it's usually just him being a lazy shit and looking for something to blame. Okay, he may not get a job in a bank, but factories and stuff are always looking for staff, and from his point of view, he just needs to show that he can hold down a job and be trustworthy, so he should be willing to take anything available.

From your point of view, you need to show your mother that you are mature enough to be trusted. I imagine when you first started going out with her permission, one of the things she would be worried about would be you sleeping around, not being responsible and generally hanging around with people like your boyfriend. You've done exactly what she didn't want you doing (whether she told you or not, I don't know, but I assume she thought at the time that you were mature enough to be responsible without her having to tell you).

Most of the people on here seem to be in agreement that you should lose the boyfriend off your own back anyway. But I'm sure he does have some good qualities, and so if you want to continue seeing him, then go along with your mother for now. Sneaking off to see him without her knowledge will only show her that you are still not mature enough to make your own decisions and judgements about such things, and will only tighten her resolve to make sure you don't see him. Put effort in to show your mother that you're responsible. Tell her that you are not happy with not being able to see him, and try to arrange some sort of compromise, such as being allowed to see him in your house, or at least to explain himself to your parents (bearing in mind that any guy who really cares about you will be willing to go along with this).
    parents are usually right about boyfriends. When i was younger my parents warned me about two of my exes, saying that they were trouble. they never stopped me seeing them as i have to make my own mistakes, mind you, if they'd been ex convicts then im pretty sure they would of done. anyways, as it turns out, both of those exe's did fuck me around and break my heart. my parents were right.

your mum is only looking out for you. she cares and tbh i think she has every right to be acting the way she is. you need to do some growing up if your going to be in an "adult" relationship.
    Ballerina wrote:
    isn't irish a completly different language? she seems to be speaking inbetween.

I think it's Enrgish she is speaking.
    I'm suprised how much some kids on here proper obey their parents, since I was 15 they could never stop me doing anything.

They can only give you the tools & coping skills, the rest has to come from you and you're judgement. Just make sure you think about choices. I think a lot of parents think the kids don't have a mind of their own and in turn they make more bad judgements and stuff because they have been sorta wrapped in cotton wool.

Just had to say that
    Uprising wrote:
    I'm suprised how much some kids on here proper obey their parents, since I was 15 they could never stop me doing anything.

It's called respect.
    Tweety wrote:
    It's called respect.
    Parents have to demand respect to get it. My 18-year old brother is a complete loser; so disrespectful to my mum, and it's because she let him get away with things in the first place that he still does it now.
    Parents have to demand respect to get it.

:no: Disagree, my parents got it from me and didn't need to demand it :S
    Tweety wrote:
    :no: Disagree, my parents got it from me and didn't need to demand it :S
    But surely they encouraged it in the first place? Some people obviously learn/accept it easier than others?
    But surely they encouraged it in the first place? Some people obviously learn/accept it easier than others?

Encourage yes but not demand. Maybe i miss read the way you meant it.
    You can't DEMAND respect, you earn it.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Parents have to demand respect to get it. My 18-year old brother is a complete loser; so disrespectful to my mum, and it's because she let him get away with things in the first place that he still does it now.
    Anyone who demands respect will never get it.
    hi every1 im allowed to see my boyfriend again but have to ask if i go out now instead of telling her. and she trying to get me to stop driving when i go out to pubs by only given me a fuckin fiver but i can buy a pint for that and other people will then buy me drinks so fuck her hahahahahahaha
    Mind you don't crash into the lamp-post on the way home and die in a huge fiery wreck.

*crossed fingers*
    lisalashe wrote:
    hi every1 im allowed to see my boyfriend again but have to ask if i go out now instead of telling her. and she trying to get me to stop driving when i go out to pubs by only given me a fuckin fiver but i can buy a pint for that and other people will then buy me drinks so fuck her hahahahahahaha

if you drink drive then you are as bad as your fuckwit of a boyfriend
    lisalashe wrote:
    and she trying to get me to stop driving when i go out to pubs by only given me a fuckin fiver but i can buy a pint for that and other people will then buy me drinks so fuck her hahahahahahaha
    Yeah fuck her for 'only' giving you a fiver. :rolleyes: What makes you think she has to give you anything? You should be grateful she gives you money to buy alcohol when you're not old enough. And yeah, if you drive home from the pub after drinking then you're a fucking retard. I couldn't care less about you, but I'd feel sorry for anyone you knock over on the way home. Sound's like you and your boyfriend are well suited tbh.
    lisalashe wrote:

If (heaven forbid) you ever have children, I hope you 'trust' them enough to go out with someone. I hope you never find out they're selfish, ungrateful little sods, who laugh behind your back when you tell them not to drink drive. I hope you don't give away your hard earned money, only to have your spawn moan about how it isn't enough to get drunk on.

As was said, the pair of you sound well suited. You'll both get far with that attitude.
    do you have idea idea how stupid and ungrateful you sound?
    i hope you learn.