Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ever feel ugly?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Gah, I feel like shit at the minute. I don't post much on here about what happens in my love life but to sum it up, since I split with my bf in january I've been pulling an ex work colleague pureky on casual terms (neither of us wanted a serious thing for several reasons at the minute).

I guess I was always under the illusion that he found me attractive, and ya know, that's always nice isn't it...when the person you've been crushing over for a while returns the sentiment.

I've never been confident about the way I look, my sister is gorgeous and got the legs whilst I'm a bloody midget and in general she's the better looking one. Same goes with my group of friends, I've never been rated a hottie and I guess I shrug it off and say to myself, "oh but you're smart instead"

Anyway, sorry I'm away off topic here, but there now I just found out on this blog site that the guy I've been pulling actually doesn't rate me much and it hit me pretty hard because I liked him for fucking ages and I can take knocks about my grades or choice of boyfriends or music tastes but I've never taken insults to my looks very well.

Fucking hurts.

:crying:

I just wanted to vent...God I feel like shit right now.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :( that sucks. :( For what its worth, I think youre lovely looking in your photos.
    You cant please everyone.
    Same here. And what an insensitive bloke anyway. I bet he'll be a right catch..not. Chin up :)
    I guess I was always under the illusion that he found me attractive, and ya know, that's always nice isn't it...when the person you've been crushing over for a while returns the sentiment.
    :yes: it is. and *hugs* to you for feeling low. but, realistically there will always be people who find you attractive and people who don't. its one guys opinion. and there are plenty of other fish in the sea...
    :( that sucks. :( For what its worth, I think youre lovely looking in your photos.
    You cant please everyone.

Yeah, I'd second that. You certainly aren't ugly!!
    Thanks guys, confidence has suffered a bit of a set back but I'll be OK. Just didn't expect to hear something like that from him of all people. It's like, "er...why the fuck have you bothered with me for 5 months then?"

After a while I'll get angry and do something productive like turn into a lesbian.
    After a while I'll get angry and do something productive like turn into a lesbian.
    :lol: :thumb:
    Thanks guys, confidence has suffered a bit of a set back but I'll be OK. Just didn't expect to hear something like that from him of all people. It's like, "er...why the fuck have you bothered with me for 5 months then?"

It is a huge confidence knock, though I have to go with the concensus and say that from what I have seen of you... you are BY NO STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION ugly.

In answer to the initial question - I do feel ugly a fair amount of the time, and was told just that by my boyfriend's mate this very evening. Charmed, I'm sure :rolleyes: ... But yeah, this bloke in question isn't the only stupid/insensitive cunt around.
    Yeah I feel ugly sometimes. Who doesn't? But then I've had 25 years to pick out all my flaws. By the time anyone's been with me that long, their eyesight will be failing anyway.

Don't let one nobhead guy get to you. For every person who isn't too keen on the way someone looks, there'll be a person who lives and dies for them. It's the way it is for everyone. You just have to ignore the 'meh' half and concentrate on the 'phwoooar' half :yes:
    On another note...should I confront him about this or act as if I've read nothing?
    On another note...should I confront him about this or act as if I've read nothing?
    Have you slept with him yet? If not, you can always return the favour by getting him naked then saying, "is that it?"
    No I hadnt, actually was planning to next month when I had a free house...I'm sooo pissed off right now. If you don't think someone's attractive, then fine, but why on earth woiuld you post about it on an online blog where we're both members?

No way am I going near him in that department. Cept he's recently come back to my place of work for some extra shifts so I'll have to make an extra effort when I get up in the morning. :rolleyes:
    No I hadnt, actually was planning to next month when I had a free house...I'm sooo pissed off right now. If you don't think someone's attractive, then fine, but why on earth woiuld you post about it on an online blog where we're both members?

No way am I going near him in that department. Cept he's recently come back to my place of work for some extra shifts so I'll have to make an extra effort when I get up in the morning. :rolleyes:
    I think the main reason for someone to do that, would be theyre a cunt, and wanted to make you feel bad.
    are totally sure that he was talking about you?
    Yip, I agree. Guy equals complete cunt and maybe one day he'll stumble on here and realise it was totally nobbish. Lipsy, he definately was talking about me, it mentions the date and place we went to together one night.

Thanks all, you've made me feel muchos better :)
    :heart:
    There's also the possibility that this is socially inept way of trying to make out that he doesn't want you as a girlfriend (which may or may not be true - some people have a habit of pretending they don't want more when they think that's what the other person wants). Were his comments specifically about your looks?
    yea...he talks about me, and then says, "why are no cute girls interested?"
    We weren't planning on becoming bf and gf at the present time because I had split up from a 3yr thing and wanted an easy relaxing summer and he's just graduated and his dad died etc so we were just playing about and taking it easy.
    Okay, no it sounds like he's just a twat. Give him a slap round the head, and post a picture of your sister on here, because if she's the pretty one out of the two of you, she must be pretty damn fine.
    if i were in your position i'd probably get shot of him.

You dont need people around you who make you feel like crap.

Theres things much more important than looks. Having said that, you are very good looking (for a lady :p )
    People who make you feel like that are not worth the time of day! Tell him to get lost. Hes a shit. Probably is insecure in himself when it comes down to it. You deserve a hell of a lot better and are better off without him. Plenty more people out there.
    if it was me, i would confront him because i'd want an explanation, after which i'd tell him to go fuck himself.
    lipsy wrote:
    if it was me, i would confront him because i'd want an explanation, after which i'd tell him to go fuck himself.

:yes:

Either that or say nothing, then next time you're doing whatever you're doing, break it off, and say that you're not sure you could ever just settle for him.

Eye for an eye ;)
    id probably confront him too. he wont be expecting you to, so it could be quite therapeutic.
    His eyes clearly need readjusting so give them a good poke!