Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pre-season transfers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I never thought I'd see Jimmy at Charlton. They are assembling a pretty tight team....

It's gonna be cool to see who will snatch Cannavaro...possibly Real Madrid.

Who are your team looking at/planning to buy?

Liverpool have got Aurelio and Gonzales so far, there's talk of Joaquin, don't know how true that is. I think Luis Garcia should go.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aberdeen have thus far signed a Dundee reserve keeper, a teenage Dutch defender, and some 16 year old Norwegian kid.

Sadly, we've lost Kevin McNaughton to Cardiff and Stevie Hammell turned us down to join Southend instead.

Amazing stuff, I really can feel it in my bones that we're not too far off the days of beating Real Madrid in European finals returning :rolleyes:

We need a left winger, a striker and a left back, but there's apparently no transfer funds from the 7th wealthiest club chairman in the UK.

That's why i got so into the World Cup, it took my mind off my team for a while.
    i think burnley have made all the signings they are going to now.

Steve Foster and Steve Jones from Crewe

and finalised the deals for Andy Gray and Alan Mahon.

Not bad signings i dont think, might have liked a couple more.

was surprised to see we were lookign at michael chopra, that would have been a good signing, but no chance now.

we still need a right back.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Sadly, we've lost Kevin McNaughton to Cardiff

:thumb: He any good?

Weve signed Glenn Loovens permanently following his stint on loan with us from Feyenood. Weve also got Michael Chopra from Newcastle which i think is a big coup for us. Stephen McPhail a midfielder from Barnsley on a free. Roger Johnson from Wycombe im not sure what the theory behind that is, maybe it was just to piss of Swansea who were after him. Weve signed Mark Howard from Arsenal. Apparantly he was on loan at Falkirk last season.

Weve lost Cameron Jerome but i think were trying to put that money towards Jason Koumas.
    Renzo wrote:

If he wants to be.

Really quick, and he was actually very good at centre back towards the end of last season even though he's a skinny lad. Think we'll probably miss his versatility more than anything.

Can be a lazy, lazy fucker though.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    If he wants to be.

Really quick, and he was actually very good at centre back towards the end of last season even though he's a skinny lad. Think we'll probably miss his versatility more than anything.

Can be a lazy, lazy fucker though.

He sounds alright. Apparantly he sees 'ambition' in Cardiff...what that says about Aberdeen i dont know ;)
    Didi Hamann, hopefully.
    Renzo wrote:
    He sounds alright. Apparantly he sees 'ambition' in Cardiff...what that says about Aberdeen i dont know ;)

His agent is an absolute cock who's screwed us over a few times, sounds like "Super Kev" has been regurgitating the shit his agent's been feeding him.

Althought TBH he's probably going to achieve more in one season in the Championship than he's acheived in five playing Livingston and Dunfermline four times a season :yeees:

He won't get away with his boozing down in the valleys though :no:
    Renzo wrote:
    Weve also got Michael Chopra from Newcastle which i think is a big coup for us. Stephen McPhail a midfielder from Barnsley on a free.

Weve lost Cameron Jerome but i think were trying to put that money towards Jason Koumas.

both good signings, especially Chopra, you guys dont do bad to say you were supposed to be financially screwed hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Jerome was never gonna last at your place, but i think he was totally overated, he'll be back down a crappy club next year.
    koe_182 wrote:
    both good signings, especially Chopra, you guys dont do bad to say you were supposed to be financially screwed hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Jerome was never gonna last at your place, but i think he was totally overated, he'll be back down a crappy club next year.

Most of these transfers are frees mate.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Wright-Phillips to Southampton :yippe:
    Weekender Offender 
    Renzo wrote:
    Most of these transfers are frees mate.

yeah but i cant imagine Chopra being on pittence for a wage can you? he'll have been on a fair whack at his previous club
    koe_182 wrote:
    yeah but i cant imagine Chopra being on pittence for a wage can you? he'll have been on a fair whack at his previous club

Well we've let a few people go to. I think Willie Boland was on quite a bit. Apparantly he's on trial with Swanses now. Bastard.
    Skive wrote:

Bah!
    Curtis Davies is an obvious one now Sol's left, but rumour has it the price tag is something stupid like £8m+........and people still wonder why Arsenal don't buy English.

Ribery has also been linked, but I can't see it happening, I don't see where he would play, not that I'd be disappointed if he did come same with Javier Saviola.

We desperately need a ball-winning midfielder and at least 2 centre-backs one of them experienced. I'd like both Curtis Davies and Joey Barton to come but they would easily cost £23m+....so I'd settle for Stephen Appiah, Lillian Thuram and bringing another young defender through the ranks (Matt Connolly). Other positions can be backed by youngsters too.
    I thought Thuram's going to Barca?
    And Ribery to Lyon?
    migpilot wrote:
    I thought Thuram's going to Barca?
    And Ribery to Lyon?

Nothing concrete's been done AFAIK. Ribery's been linked with loads of clubs (including Arsenal and Man United) and every Juventus player has been linked with a move away. I doubt any solid deals will be done until the scandal verdicts are in.
    Braineater wrote:
    Nothing concrete's been done AFAIK. Ribery's been linked with loads of clubs (including Arsenal and Man United) and every Juventus player has been linked with a move away. I doubt any solid deals will be done until the scandal verdicts are in.

I think Ribery can do well at Arsenal.
    But Thuram is surely a short term fix, if it was me I would get a few more younger players... (Maybe snatch King from Spurs hehe)...

And you'll need a replacement for Silva soon, plus another striker of Bergkamp's quality...
    Braineater wrote:
    I'd like both Curtis Davies and Joey Barton to come but they would easily cost £23m+
    £23m? Wow you can take Joey Barton for that much if you want. That's if you can fit his ego into your new stadium.

We've signed Dabo from Lazio, who's apparently a pretty decent ball-winning midfielder, and we're on the verge of signing Hamann from Liverpool, despite him already having signed for Bolton (don't ask). And we've re-signed the legend that is Paul Dickov from Blackburn. All for free. We also signed Joe Hart from Shrewsbury, who's a 19 year old goalie, and supposedly pretty good.

We've got rid of Bradley Wright-Phillips to Southampton for about £1m apparently, Sommeil, Bischoff, de Vlieger, with Musampa and Riera going back after their loans.

Joey Barton and Sylvain Distin still haven't signed their contracts, so naturally they're being linked with any club with a few quid. And I think Danny Mills is allowed to leave, but no-one wants him as of yet.

We've been linked with Juan Vargas (defender) on loan from Argentinian club Colon Santa Fe, Sydney Govou (doubt this will happen), Steed Malbranque (again), Steve Sidwell (£2-3m from Reading - really want this one - young cheap and creative), and quite a few others, most of which will turn out to be bullshit.

We really need a (preferably quick) left winger and a creative midfielder now, and we should be set for a season of mid-table obscurity rather than a season fearing relegation.

Man City for next season (currently):

Calamity

Micah
    Dunnie
    Distin
    Maggie Thatcher

Dabo/Hamann
    Tricky Trev---Big Head/Ireland
    God Knows

Vassell/Dickov---Cole/Samaras

I can see you all quaking in your boots now.
    Skive wrote:

YOU ARE FUCKING KIDDING??

Bring on the Premiership!

EDIT: Oh it's Bradley. I thought for a minute we might have got Shaun!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
    YOU ARE FUCKING KIDDING??

Bring on the Premiership!

EDIT: Oh it's Bradley. I thought for a minute we might have got Shaun!

Schoolboy error!!
    :razz:
    West Brom are a bunch of money grabbing cunts. They want 2 mil for a player that they dont even want. We offered a deal worth 2 mil (1 mil up front and 1 mil in other fees) and they havnt accepted it. Bastards.