Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

More than 100 dead in Mumbai train bomb attacks

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All the more devastating when you consider the limitations of their emergency services.
  • Options
    More needless deaths.... :( :grump:
  • Options
    Yet more terrorist actions that only show the evil of these cowardly psychos to target innocents!
  • Options
    why india?
    its not an outpost of western power, a prodominately hindu, i know there has been tension between islam and hinduism but why have they targetted them,
    for a sick mind WTC seems an obvious target but mumbai
    its an up and coming economic city but...
    GRRHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
    IDIOTS:banghead:
  • Options
    Get those Indian troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq now!

It's yet another sickening attack on innocent people, just trying to make ends meet. Sympathy goes to those affected.
  • Options
    :( A vicious and evil act of terrorism. Terrorism whether at home in London, in New York, in Iraq, in Israel or in Bombay is inexcusable. The mindset, the ideological wickedness of the perpetrators of such acts of evil is incompatible with modern society and we must fight it. We need increased co-operation and greater unity in the War against Terror. My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by these awful events today. India is a fantastic country and Bomba/Mumbai is a fascinating place, I really hope visitors are not put off by this as they would be really missing out. Really horrible news.
  • Options
    Today was the 11th day of the month. Coincidence?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Bastards.

Terrorism... been about since the start of the world. Still present. How shall we overcome? Not by war.
  • Options
    This goes to show, yet again, that terrorists will target anywhere and anyone. We all should UNITE against them.
  • Options
    BTW... so guys... who are you going to blame this on?

We understand it is muslim islamists that have done these attacks. What has India doen to deserve this?

They didn't engage in a war with Iraq, they're not involved in Palestine..... so...?

What justification are you going to give them this time?
  • Options
    Get those Indian troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq now!
    Give in to the terrorists you mean?

You must be joking.

This is more proof that these islamists do not like democracy and free nations.

The war on terror must go on.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Bastards.

Terrorism... been about since the start of the world. Still present. How shall we overcome? Not by war.
    By not giving into them and by not justfying their actions.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    We understand it is muslim islamists that have done these attacks.

Do we? And even if it is a Muslim group its far more likely to be about Kashmire than anything else.

This is almost certainly a domestic and purely domestic issue, tieing it into 'international terrorism' is daft.

ETA: that isnt to say I think its not a horrid act or anything. These kinds of actions are inexcusable.
  • Options
    Could this have anything to do with india testing missile?
    Maybe there are some problems between them we are not aware of...
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Do we? And even if it is a Muslim group its far more likely to be about Kashmire than anything else.
    Judging by this then, India can go plant a few nutters in islamabad and we can justify it all. Or can we only justufy muslim's actions?
  • Options
    Could this have anything to do with india testing missile?
    Maybe there are some problems between them we are not aware of...
    What ever their reason.... These islamists are giving islam a bad name yet again.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Judging by this then, India can go plant a few nutters in islamabad and we can justify it all. Or can we only justufy muslim's actions?

I really have no idea what you mean by that. I was just pointing out that actions like this have happened before, and they have always been about Kashmire, you know, that disputed bit between Pakistan and India they've been fighting over for ages.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I really have no idea what you mean by that. I was just pointing out that actions like this have happened before, and they have always been about Kashmire, you know, that disputed bit between Pakistan and India they've been fighting over for ages.
    What ever their 'reasons' behinde the attacks... - they are wrong and there is no justification for them. period.

I do not care how harsh muslims have been treated etc etc all that bollocks.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    What ever their reason.... These islamists are giving islam a bad name yet again.

To those who don't know the religion only, those who do know it know these kind of acts are not supported by the reigion tho...
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    BTW... so guys... who are you going to blame this on?

We understand it is muslim islamists that have done these attacks.
    Do we? :confused:

I thought the current thought was Kashmir separatists.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    What ever their 'reasons' behinde the attacks... - they are wrong and there is no justification for them. period.

Did I say there was a justification? No

Did you falsely try to incorporate this into other bombings around the world when it is a domestic issue? Yes
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Give in to the terrorists you mean?

You must be joking.

This is more proof that these islamists do not like democracy and free nations.

The war on terror must go on.
    You obviously missed the sarcasm in MoK's post...
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Who is suggesting such action is justified???