Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

opinions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have just bought the following top off ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130003688791&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

i was hoping it would go well with some black shorts and black heels. You reckon? Also want to make it a fashionable outfit, so how can i accessorize someything so busy anyway? Sparkly studs? Chunky black bracelet? I am hoping to get a black clutch bag aswell, oh and mostly goto Indie nights. Advice pleeease?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well i don't think you'll be able to make it a "fashionable outfit" because its totally not in fashion.

like you've said, black accessories would be nice.
    shorts, heels and a top arent fashionable?!
    i personally dont like that top, although i do have two chinese tops myself in that fabric, except mine are in red and black. I think the pink doesnt look right.
    I wouldnt wear with shorts, id wear with black smart trousers.
    well its pink part;y for my friends hen night(pink theme). I was thinking of removing the necktie though and having a more open neckline
    I think tight 3/4 length shorts would look nice, or maybe a black pencil skirt? I'd leave the neck tie on, its my favourite part about the top.

I wouldn't wear it because its a bit too girly for me but its a nice top and I think will definitely fit in well with the pink theme. To keep in with the theme you could get some pink shoes, although id be more likely to team that top with a bright blue/green bag and shoes, but then thats just me and I am not very good at fashion trends and all that.
    I like that top, the shape looks so sexy. i like the black skirt/shorts idea with it. Id perhaps experiment abit with and without necktie..simple stuff with the top is good though..and i love sparkle, so the sparkly studs sound good..or mini pink crystal ones.Perhaps add a few hints of gold in your accessories to go with the gold from the top?
    newbie here.. wanna friends...
    please add me up...
    Thanks, i intenbded to wear with shorts and heels(thigh length shorts not super short ones!) I considered the gold jewllry but if i wear my sparkly earrings(vivienne westwood 'orb' knock offs lol) i would worry about clashing.

Was thinking a chunky black beaded bracelet where the beads are rock like, but then i thought it may be too much against such a girly look. Hmmm!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    please add me up...

This ain't a blog, it's a message board where you post and other people reply.

In regards to the original thread - that's a really nice top. Wear something plain with it, like a black, pencil skirt.
    A lady came in the pub wearing that at the weekend. After seeing it on someone i would say def. get rid of the necktie. It looked a tad odd to be fair.
    Dianne1985 wrote:
    shorts, heels and a top arent fashionable?!
    that top isn't fashionable. its completley the wrong colour, style and fabric to be considered fashionable. shorts are though :)
    not getting that top now! Have bought a pink and white polka dot top to wear with black shorts n heels, and the black rock-like beaded necklace and bracelet with ribbon that ive wanted for ages :love: will fit in with pink hen night theme and do me afterwards too:thumb:
    sounds much nicer :)