Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Type how you speak

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Pretty self explanitory just make ita conversational thread, but type it how you would speak it. Spell it like you would say it, if you say it differently. Put in all the uh, um, like and whatever. I pretty much say the words like the dictionary says my main downfall being I cant put together a sentence to save my life. But, yeah, so far this paragraph is just how I talk. I never got that about dictionaries. I can understand accents from when its not your first language, but the same language having words said differently, so differently. I never understood. The dictionary only reads one way. So I wanna see the differences.

So, hows everybodys day.

Comments

• Options
    I cant really change many words cuz (theres one!) I speak them as they're said generally.
  • Options
    Same ere
  • Options
    When I speak to my mum and her side of the family t'day has bin a long day. Cannae b'bothered anymore. ma airum is sore and I cannae wait to get oot this hell hole called work. The weekend should b'good. Gone doon the toon on a major shopping spree. How come your day hasnae bin good?

When I speak to everyone else Today has been a long day. Can't b'bothered anymore. My arm is sore and I can't wait to get out of this hell hole called work. This weekend should be good. Going into town on a major shopping spree. Why has your day not been good?

Most of the time I waiver between the two of them though!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yeah well erm I honestly dunno. I probly speak a bit badly to be fare, but hey, what you gonna do?

I do tend ta miss the end off some words or some of the letters. But everyone dus it, right?

This is more difficult than it looks.
  • Options
    Haha what an odd thread, like. D'ye ken what I mean jelly bean? Get the picture dolly mixture?
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Haha what an odd thread, like. D'ye ken what I mean jelly bean? Get the picture dolly mixture?
    Lol you talk like you're from Ayrshire :razz:

I usually talk normally (just my accent that lets me down ;( ) But even when I'm trying to be really polite there are some words i just can't say "properly":

I would like to go - Ah would like tae go

Most of the time I am well spoken though, I don't tend to speak badly unless I'm drunk and/or with friends. Oh and when I'm with people who are, well, common. I sound so up myself there :(
  • Options
    I can imagun vis bein qui(t)e hard. My day's bin kinda poo, got a bit annoyed wiv the boy. Coz he didn' cum into collige taday, evun tho I'm goin to Peru in liyke free days. Kinda feeyuls like he dusn' care rilly vat I'm gonna be on the ova side of the wurld for free weeks.

Styoopid boy :(.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't think I speak any different than I write, except in english that I can't pronounce "world". I'd either say "worrrld" or "wold".
  • Options
    I ain't that great
  • Options
    Me: Right, bout yeez. I was at uni TA-day n naye Ime shattered.

My sister, a fully qualified milbag (god love her) speaks like...this:

"Here naye howl on this fuckin wee gurl woz givin me some luke so i zed LUK DO YOU AV A FUCKIN PRABLEM n here shes bees, nah mate leek."
  • Options
    Er.. i dunnohhh like, i dohhnt think i hav en accint reeeelly, buuht sumone elss will tell me i speeek reeelly bahd estreeeee english others will tell me I speak a bit Pooohsh. Innit. :p
  • Options
    jhgjoityu05687-0hgojllp[ m,hl;tkupoyiu hjktoyuiu[o
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    On mine combineharvesterrrrr.

ooo arrr ay.

:D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've been told I speak too fast (I've realised it myself too) so I suppose that means I don't use punctuation correctly when speaking unless I'm reading something.
  • Options
    In afterthought, maybe I should have spelt my above message like this:

"I don't think I spick any diffrent than I rite"
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    :lol:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    If thach yor real axent I'd soorly have trabl understanding yoo.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    You're not from the eastend, are you? :nervous: :razz:
  • Options
    I really couldn't type how i speak. I don't have much of an accent. But i can type how people from my area talk....

Ay up me duck, allrate?
    which would be something like...''hiya darling, all right?''
    other words would be...
    over = ovva
    there = theear
    down = daarn
  • Options
    ay up me luvlies, yo'alroite? woi dont yaoo come n' see moi noice tatie field?

i dont have this accent unfortunatly, in fact ive been told i dont really have an accent, but thats the best norfolk accent i can do!

eta: a ya got a loite boi?! :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Im 'ampshire born, 'ampshire bred, strong in the arm, fick in the ed - well thats how they speak dan Saarrfampton anyway.

Course where I lives now dey all speak like cackers, even the gadjes. Chavi, rakli, mort, dordy, dinlo, stick the jook in the wagon, and lets earn some vonga and go cut down some bushes mush. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Good morning. How much does that weigh?
  • Options
    Hello good sir, how the devil are you old bean?
  • Options
    I really don't prownownce things very well, and I tendtorushwhatI'msayin, because I have a slight social anxiety.

Some people say I speak really posh, for someone 'oo lives so close to Plymuff - I'm not the slightest bit swilly. I say barth and parth and graarss. Then again, I drop my t's a lot, and say crappy things like 'innit', and 'lyk' :p.

Think of 'ow Pete from BB speaks.. he doesn't really have an accent, duzzee? Though withou' the tourettes :D.
  • Options
    If thach yor real axent I'd soorly have trabl understanding yoo.

I have trouble understanding myself sometimes!
  • Options
    Ai dont andurstand wot you vont as to do. tu rajt es vi tok? iz dis wot ju hed in majnd? it vud bi interesting if vi hed to rajt lajk dis ol d tajm!!
  • Options
    i do nae really care how i talk. i tend to just steal bits from other accents/dialects anyway for my own random style of talking. I luv shoving the word random in anywhere i can. I love talking to peole from newcastle on the phone in work cos i tend to pick up bits of their accents and tis quite scary.
  • Options
    Innit Bruv Ya! Lets Go Rob Up Some Shops And Steal Some Shizzle! Blingin!
  • Options
    Yeeeeeeeah. I actually talk the same as I type, which is odd. I....ummm.....say ummmmm a lot more but generally I pronounce all my words properrrrrly, although I do roll my rrrrrrs on occasion. I elongate some words too. Mostly yeeeaaaahhhhh.

I have an awesome voice and accent too.
  • Options
    Mmh, so I basikly tork normal. I shawten normal wurds like because into cause, but who doesn't.

Mmh, this isn't wurkin.