Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

thesite.org beauty pageant

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I'll vote for you :blush:

Well, duh.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I win.

Well, obviously not. But nevermind ;p
    icey wrote:
    its like a post of the week come early...

um... and the nominations are:

infinate
    my_name
    Blah
    MrG
    KHSS
    Morrocan roll

:rolleyes:
    no offence to those listed, just these seem to be the people nominated for post of the week every time

I've never been nominated for post of the week, let alone won it. :rolleyes:

Leave me out of this please.
    Haha. If anyone bothered to vote in this, then it'd be like a PMed version of the "post your photo over and over in different clothes or poses for your mates to coo over" thread, AKA the introductions photo thread.

I wonder when I stopped being deluded about how insanely cliquey this place can be.

I can't wait to see the results of the popularity contest. And I'm sure that noone will be upset and there won't be any posts like

Why did noone vote for meeeee :(
    I think it goes without saying that I'm the Queen ... ;)
    Haha what a fantastic thread...you lot are fucking hilarious when you get in full swing.

Sadly my beauty is all outside, I'm rotten to the core, so its of no interest to me :D

But keep up the bitching :thumb:
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Sadly my beauty is all outside, I'm rotten to the core, so its of no interest to me :D

Same here... but I can deal with that :razz:
    But keep up the bitching :thumb:

Indeed. I've started the day as I mean to go on, with a fuck-off massive belly laugh.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I win.

Well, obviously not. But nevermind ;p
    i win
    briggi wrote:
    Same here... but I can deal with that :razz:

Indeed. I've started the day as I mean to go on, with a fuck-off massive belly laugh.

Fucking nice one ... lets crown ourselves the king and queen of beautiful fuck ups and let the rest of them fight it out for 'personality' and 'inner beauty'

Suckers...

:razz:
    icey wrote:
    its like a post of the week come early...

um... and the nominations are:

infinate
    my_name
    Blah
    MrG
    KHSS
    Morrocan roll

:rolleyes:
    no offence to those listed, just these seem to be the people nominated for post of the week every time
    Know what you mean. Or is that because the ones e.g.me that don't post a lot have fuck all interesting or worthwhile to say, hence why the quieter ones are hardly ever voted for post of the week?

I'll shh now! :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    what i find most pathetic is the fact that people are on here bickering and bitching about not only the concept of the thread, but about whatever else they can think of. its like everytime something comes up that people dont like, they use it as an opportunity to unleash the fury on anyone and everyone. ie: renzos hair. not to beat a dead horse, but honestly... if renzo likes his hair that way, who gives a fuck? and if MrG and Franki wanted to do this whole inner outer beauty pageant... then so be it. But I think it hardly needs to get this kind of reaction from everybody. Its the internet for gods sakes! if you dont like it... dont read it or partake in it.. simple as that.

:yes: finally - someones hit the nail on the head. You know Jim V and I both kept out of the thread the other day when people were talking about 'post of the week' because we wanted to hear everyone's views. But just to answer the 'popularity contest' issue. Post of the Week is very much about personality - if someone is funny or insightful then they are bound to be nominated quite regularly. Even if the mods were choosing it each week, some people's posts would be chosen more often than others - just because. Maybe we'll add a few more of our own nominations in the future - just to tip the balance a bit. Anyway it's down to Jimmy V this week as I'm off to America tomorrow - woot! :yippe:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    **Helen** wrote:
    :yes: finally - someones hit the nail on the head. You know Jim V and I both kept out of the thread the other day when people were talking about 'post of the week' because we wanted to hear everyone's views. But just to answer the 'popularity contest' issue. Post of the Week is very much about personality - if someone is funny or insightful then they are bound to be nominated quite regularly. Even if the mods were choosing it each week, some people's posts would be chosen more often than others - just because. Maybe we'll add a few more of our own nominations in the future - just to tip the balance a bit. Anyway it's down to Jimmy V this week as I'm off to America tomorrow - woot! :yippe:

Post of the week is very different to this though.

Anyway, have a fabby time in Americaaaaa. I am tres jealous :grump:
    I've just spoilt my two voting slips. :)
    I've just spoilt my two voting slips. :)
    :lol:

I think everyone should vote even if they dont agree with it - especially women. Come on sisters

*throws myself under a horse*
    **Helen** wrote:

POST OF THE WEEK!
    I am going to screw my ballot paper and throw it in the faces of the popular and cliquey bunch. No offence directed at anyone in particular.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Fucking nice one ... lets crown ourselves the king and queen of beautiful fuck ups and let the rest of them fight it out for 'personality' and 'inner beauty'

Suckers...

:razz:

Excellent. I always knew I had a beauty paegant victory in me. Soo... is there a cash prize? :chin: :hyper:

As for thesite being "cliquey", that's life eh.
    i win
    Oh dear... not again.

I win ;p
    i win
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    i win
    No, I win ;D
    I r winner
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I will win.

Potentially.
    Lmao.

I can't believe how long its taken for this to happen again. There used to be arse licking threads (Sorry, 'beauty contests' and 'best poster awards') all the time.

In my opinion, if people on here really feel that their true inner and outer beauty is fully shown on thesite.org discussion forums, let them vote for each other. If they feel that the sheer satisfaction of spending a day or two repeatedly posting 'Vote me!', and gaining 6 votes in an online poll proves them to be a beautiful and special person will really be that great, then let them have their fun :p
    :lol:

This was a totally daft, pointless thread and STILL people have managed to suck what little joy there was out of it.

I guess I'll scrap my "Wet T-Shirt Photo Competition" thread then....
    I think there should be a competition to vote for the best person called abbie whos birthday is the 9th of july tbh.
    and I win
    I think there should be a "Who is cool and shares Stalin's Birthday" competition.

I would win that, and a girl I know who shares my Birthday. I have a birthday buddy!:yippe:

Would Stalin be my Birthday buddy too were he alive (And very very old)?
    I'm nominating me, pureky because noone else has and I'm feeling unloved.
    I'm nominating me, pureky because noone else has and I'm feeling unloved.

people can really read the whole PM the nominations thing cant they!
    I just skipped to the last page lol.
    I'm tired and ill. Forgive me :(