Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quick question...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I know it should probably go elsewhere but I'm not expecting a long and verbose debate so hopefully it doesn't matter - does anyone know if you can take things back to/exchange things from TK Maxx if you don't have a receipt?

No, I didn't nick it ;):p
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As a general rule of most stores I've returned stuff at, if you don't have the reciept they will either exchange or give you store credit for the cost, though alot of places give you the cheapest price its been in the last 30 days or something.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    According to this page it seems not :(

But as my_name says they might give you a credit note.
  • Options
    Play the old "it was a present from my granny" card.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

:lol: that's an idea...

Cheers **Helen**, I guess I'll have to either hunt the receipt down or live with the consequences of impulse buying :grump:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Glittery wrote:

Yeah my mum once managed to get a refund from M&S for a pair of slippers my nan had bought her from BHS!! she'd put them in the washing machine and the labels had come off. True story :yes:
  • Options
    How did you pay? I think you don't legally have to have a receipt, but proof of purchase, so if you paid by card- take your bank statement... maybe?
  • Options
    Not too sure if this would work, but this is what I did at Dixons (Currys Digital)

I bought something in October of last year and around April it went wrong. I took it back to Dixons and asked them to look at it and they asked for my receipt. I told them that I didn't know where it was, but would go home and have another look for it. Couldn't find it. Went back the next day, explained what was wrong and that I couldn't find my receipt. They asked me what size, colour & make it was and roughly when I bought it. (month) That month, only 2 had been purchased, one by credit card and one by cash, which was mine. They let me exchange it for something and told me that if it cost less than my original product, they'd give me the balance back.