Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

14 year old kids being sectioned after going mad after smoking skunk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
a friend of a friend of my mothers was telling me a couple of nights a go about how a friend of her son's was arressed and sectioned after going completly nuts after a year and a half of smoking very strong skunk. he's assulted his mother, many other family members and friends, trashed the house, and been thrown out, been in hospital after serious self harm sessions, and when asked why he cut the roof of his mouth with a razor blade he replied " to let the devils out". what the hell is going on? this isn't an isolated case either, she told me of another 3 young teenagers that have been sectioned after going into what seems like psycosis after smoking the really strong skunk that is now being sold.

i haven't smoked for well over a year, and i no longer hang around in circles of friends that do drugs, but is this the effects of some super hybrid or is this what happens when people are smoking too much, too young?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A friend of a friend of a friend? Not exactly a reliable source is it?
    However, I don't think that there is much doubt now that smoking cannabis can lead to mental health problems in a minority of people. I also think that smoking from a young age is going to be more detrimental to mental health than starting to smoke later.
    i know this person quite well, just through my mothers friend, and she is a creditable source because she looked after the kid when he was chucked out of his home.

but what i don't get is why a number of kids in the same kind of area are litrally going crazy. i have heard of a new strain that is incredibly potent. would something like that be possibly part of the problem?

(twisted_trinity SORRY!)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe it was dipped in LSD. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Maybe he was already a nutter!
    subject13 wrote:
    Maybe he was already a nutter!

exactly
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Skive wrote:
    :lol:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Skive wrote:
    :lol:
    I think it has little to do with strength and more to do with younger and younger kids using large amounts.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I think it has little to do with strength and more to do with younger and younger kids using large amounts.

:yes:

That's what I'd be inclined to think, too, though it does sound fairly extreme.

Or maybe he was already of slightly dubious mental health, to paraphrase subject13.
    Of all the people I know who smoke none of them understand all this 'killer skunk' news, I've not heard one person say that skunk is really any stronger or weaker than its been for years.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It's certainly stronger than it was a couple of decades ago though but as you say it's more how people use it now. A few buckets everyday whilst you're still at school isn't going to do you any favours.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    It's certainly stronger than it was a couple of decades ago .
    not realy.
    resin that was much stronger than any skunk thats about now ...used to be in karge supply.
    lot stronger then than now.
    some strains of grass have risen in potency but not by very much at all.
    this story has to be a pile of horse shit.