Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mascara

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wast your favourite mascara? I need a new one and wondered what everyone would recommend.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My favorite is the store brand of "Ulta" which is a useless comment here :p

I've also used a clinique one, it was grand, loved it, but thats when my mom used to buy me make up, I'm too cheap to get it now :p
    my fave one is boots17 waterproof. Its really really good and its only £3.79

I also quite like the BWC (beauty without cruelty) volume mascara
    I use L'Oreal's Double Extension mascara, however my heart will always be with Benefit's Bag Girl Lash :heart:
    i like that l'oreal one off the telly at the mo' (can't remember what it's called but you get a white wand bit to put on first and then a black comb for after). chances are with me i'll get a different one next time though - i never usually get the same mascara twice. like to try different ones. :yes:
    I use this but I'm after a new one.
    that one in the pink bottle- great lash?!
    I'm a great fan of maybelline great lash (the waterproof one) for every day, but I like to try new ones for going out. that double ended Rimmel one is pretty good, and I'm currently trying out the new Max Factor one with the weird plastic brush. Working out well so far!
    lea_uk wrote:
    I use this but I'm after a new one.

hmmm. I used to wear an Avon mascara called Curly Girl- it was fab, think htye stopped doing it but the one you posted looks similar.
    I'm using Benefit's Bad Gal Lash mascara and would recommend it - lengthens and separates. However, I'm also a sucker for Clinique's mascaras, which I'd recommend if you like a dramatic look. :D
    I currently use the Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara. Its quite good. I want a new one though and don't know whether to buy

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1063883&classificationid=1011787&slmRefer=000

or

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1040994&classificationid=1011787&slmRefer=000

Don't know which one to get though :chin:
    I love Bad Gal Lash and Great Lash is decent for its price
    When I do use mascara I use a an Almay one in brown - couldn't tell you the name of it if my life depended on it. It's in a silver tube, though.

I also use Boots 17 clear mascara, which does the job.
    I'm still looking for that one mascara. That one miracle-on-a-stick that makes your eyelashes look like you're naturally blessed with a set of false eyelashes that could knock over a london bus with just a single blink.

Lemme know if you find it :lol:
    I use Clinque's naturally glossy mascara in dark brown. Doesn't clump, separates lashes, looks natural and can be built up in layers for evening wear without clumping.
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I currently use the Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara. Its quite good. I want a new one though and don't know whether to buy

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1063883&classificationid=1011787&slmRefer=000

or

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1040994&classificationid=1011787&slmRefer=000

Don't know which one to get though :chin:

i've got the first one, it's good. :yes:

do your boots have a lady from benefit who'll try make up on you? if so ask her to put some of their mascara on you and see what it's like. or ask if you can do it yourself. however you don't know who else has tried it..
    Blimey didn't realise mascara is so pricey now, whats the masterpiece one like the one with the plastic yellow brush thing? i'm interested if it's any good as most make my lashes go clumpy :( even the rimmel with the white and then black wand.
    Bourjois Maxi Frange one, makes them uber volumised :thumb:
    Blimey didn't realise mascara is so pricey now, whats the masterpiece one like the one with the plastic yellow brush thing? i'm interested if it's any good as most make my lashes go clumpy :( even the rimmel with the white and then black wand.

The masterpiece mascara doesn't do much for me but hey, not many do. My flat mate once used it though and it made her eyelashes look gorge!
    Rimmels 100% waterproof. Does the trick, pretty cheap as well.
    I use clear mascara cuz my eyelashes are verry dark anyway..I love it because I'm clumsy and if I can't get too messy with it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm a big fan of Bourjois Coup de Theatre, but I bought some Rimmell Endless to try something different and its rubbish, really smudgy and clumpy. Back to the Bourjois for me.
    I've had the Bourjois Coup de Theatre a couple of times and find myself going back to it. It's just the 2 step mascara isn't great if you're in a hurry lol.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Agreed, that's why I tried something different. I love Benefit stuff, so I might try bad girl and see how I go...
    loreal is good
    maybelline the best!

i would recommend maybelline elongating mascara.. it really is an esteem-booster!! you'll really feel pretty in it!! good luck
    I usually use Maybelline One by One which has a very small brush, it's good at separating and lengthening.

Recently I bought another Maybelline one, can't remember the name, but it's a plastic wand, very good, no clogging, and natural looking.

I have black eyelashes anyway so tend to use clear mascara but most of them don't seem to do much.
    i want to try the masterpeice mascara, i currently only have some crappy mascara that i have to spend ages scraping the brush of excess goo before i use it
    ^^I bought the Maxfactor Masterpiece mascara the other day and am extremely delighted with the results. It's separated, curled and lengthened my lashes for an amazingly 'open eyed' effect. Dead impressed :thumb:

I have to say, the Masterpiece mascara is actually better than Benefit's Bad Gal lash mascara :chin: and it's a fraction of the cost too.:yes:

I have to say, the Masterpiece mascara is actually better than Benefit's Bad Gal lash mascara :chin: and it's a fraction of the cost too.:yes:
    Im not surprised. I mean I do like the Benefit stuff that ive tried, but I think its not THAT good considering the obscene price of it.
    I have the masterpiece mascara and it isn't that good for me.

I'm thinking of buying the benefit bad gal mascara but its sooo expensive :(