Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Italy win the World Cup

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Title says it all really. I was neutral for the whole game but after that despicable act by Zidane, I wanted Italy to win. What a shame to end what was arguably the finest career of a generation like that. Materazzi definitely said something Zidane took exception to but reacting like that, in a stadium full of cameras, is just idiotic.

Thoughts?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zidane big headed cunt cost France the worldcup imo...
  • Options
    Yeah it was stupid, but I pissed myself at the time. It was class. I wanted France to win, and I thought they were the better side for most of the match, but I guess they can't complain after that.
  • Options
    Agree with NMM. He would have taken (and probably scored) one of the penalties along with Henry (who was subbed) and probably Ribery. God knows why the manager subbed Henry off but hey ho, congrats to the Italians. They took their penalties fantastically.

Stop press : according to the BBC, Pirlo was Man of the Match. What the fuck? Cannavaro or Gatusso!
  • Options
    i didn't want italy to win at any point because they're not a great team to watch, sure they know how to defend, and despite france being the better team (even with 10 men), they just couldn't break them down.......penalties is crap way to end it but that's the way it goes. zidane lost his head but i don't think it affected the outcome.........
  • Options
    Stop press : according to the BBC, Pirlo was Man of the Match.
    :eek2:
  • Options
    Yup - clicko
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    _41867144_zidaneheadbutt300.jpg
  • Options
    zidane.gif
  • Options
    What a fucking retard. The only vaguely intelligent thing Mark Lawrenson said all night was that he must be feeling about the loneliest man in the world right now. Which in itself isn't that clever as it's obvious. Penis.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    What a fucking retard. The only vaguely intelligent thing Mark Lawrenson said all night was that he must be feeling about the loneliest man in the world right now. Which in itself isn't that clever as it's obvious. Penis.
    Mark Lawrenson is a dick as well. Although about 1000000000000 better than the ITV morons.
  • Options
    I can see that Zidane thing becoming a new phenomenon. People doing 'The Zidane' to eachother by charging their head into someone's chest. It was crazy. Quite funny though.
  • Options
    zidane.gif

What a fucking moron... I mean even a CUNT I think CUNT is right here... you don't do shit like that, specially not in the final of the worldcup... I hope the rest of the team beat the crap out of him...
  • Options
    What a fucking moron... I mean even a CUNT I think CUNT is right here... you don't do shit like that, specially not in the final of the worldcup... I hope the rest of the team beat the crap out of him...

Jeez, give him a break.

He single-handedly dragged France to that final. I don't think his sending off had much bearing on the game. Italy's penalties were clinical. That was the difference.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Mark Lawrenson is a dick as well. Although about 1000000000000 better than the ITV morons.

Did you hear him and Motson trying to think up laundry-related-cum-football puns? Pathetic. I would turn on the 5 Live commentary (as I have Digital :p) but then again, there are certain things I can see and thus don't need to be told.
  • Options
    Who me? I wasn't even playing.
  • Options
    Shocked that Italy won considering their track record with penalties. Very pleased though.

Central London is packed with people, even the people in the French shirts were doing 'The Zidane', lovely atmosphere though.
  • Options
    I think the French manager was a far bigger contributor to France's demise than Zidane.

What kind of substitutions where those, with a penalty shoot-out looming???

As for Zidane he was a right twat. Inexplicable, really. You could see a 20 year old hothead cracking and reacting to whatever taunting or insults the Italian player might have uttered. But an ultra-experienced world class 34 year old? WTF???

Still, it'd be a shame if Zidane was going to be remembered for this one incident. He has simply been one of the all-time greats, alongise the likes of Pele and Maradona.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    He has simply been one of the all-time greats, alongise the likes of Pele and Maradona.

When people here talk about World Class - that is the level I mean.

Big stages, big performances. Zidane scored his third world cup final goal today. Aren't many who have ever done that.

For all his faults with agression (off in 1998 too) he has been far and above any other players from this generation.
  • Options
    When people here talk about World Class - that is the level I mean.
    I consider World Class to mean the best in their position at any given time. Zidane is more Legend than merely World Class.
  • Options
    Well done to Italy, by far the most consistant team in what was a poor tournament overall.

It's a shame Zidane did what he did although it was absolutely hillarious. Something quite harsh must've been said to produce that kind of reaction in a World Cup Final imho.

It's funny though, most of that Italian team will currently be valued in the tens of millions but after today most could be worth a few hundred grand. :D

Let the sales commence!
  • Options
    Did you hear him and Motson trying to think up laundry-related-cum-football puns? Pathetic.

Aye, pathetic just about covers it! :lol:

Personally I didn't think it was a very good match. It's a shame to be verging on boredom during the World Cup final.
  • Options
    Zidane-headbutt.gif

quite funny in a way. Crap world cup in general though, the whole thing was rubbish.
  • Options
    That game was very dull, tbh.
  • Options
    Who me? I wasn't even playing.

:lol: No Zidane... It's just the animated pic you posted is gone...
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Jeez, give him a break.

Why?

He play for my country and what he did was a disgrace tbh...

It's football, not street fighting...
  • Options
    Virtually all the teams were rubbish, the only team I thought were really good were the Aussies, shame they couldn't scrape past Brazil.

As for the game, France should have got it, all Italy did was defend for the last hour of the match, most of the time they had 8 players in the box.

I thought Zidane was classic, just go for it, no messing about.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Virtually all the teams were rubbish, the only team I thought were really good were the Aussies, shame they couldn't scrape past Brazil.

As for the game, France should have got it, all Italy did was defend for the last hour of the match, most of the time they had 8 players in the box.

I thought Zidane was classic, just go for it, no messing about.

Defense is the best offense!!
    And also, you can't say "France should have got it", in football it doesn't matter who played better, all that matters is who won!!
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Defense is the best offense!!
    And also, you can't say "France should have got it", in football it doesn't matter who played better, all that matters is who won!!

But they seemed to be playing for penalties from the middle of the second half, thats stupid. Granted their defence of 8 players was very good but the 8 0 2 formation doesnt make for great football does it.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    But they seemed to be playing for penalties from the middle of the second half, thats stupid. Granted their defence of 8 players was very good but the 8 0 2 formation doesnt make for great football does it.

No of course not.
    The reason the game changed in the second half was because France gave no space to Pirlo and changed the way Zidane, Henry and Ribery played...and ITaly got sucked into defending....
    It didn't help that Totti was a bit rubbish... or even Del Piero.

You can't play for penalties for 75 minutes...
    Also, how many shots from inside the box did France have ( I can only remember the Zidane header)...all the shots were from outside...
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    No of course not.
    The reason the game changed in the second half was because France gave no space to Pirlo and changed the way Zidane, Henry and Ribery played...and ITaly got sucked into defending....
    It didn't help that Totti was a bit rubbish... or even Del Piero.

You can't play for penalties for 75 minutes...
    Also, how many shots from inside the box did France have ( I can only remember the Zidane header)...all the shots were from outside...

Yes, well, I dont really know a great deal about tactics or any of that gubbins. I just say it how I see it, and to me France were dominant for more of the game and all Italy did was defend, damn those slimy Italians.