Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Statutory declarations and changing documents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've finaly been able to get my name changed! so happy about it, but i'm not too sure how to go about changing all my documents. my passport runs out october next year, and although i don't think i'll be traveling, i do use it as photographic ID as the silly connexions card is so poorly made everyone thinks it's a fake. do you have to pay for the name on your passport to be changed? also, i've been told that they may not change it just with a statutory declaration, and i would have to get it changed by deed poll to be able to have the name on my passport changed, anyone know anything about this? and is there some kind of time limit to which i have to have all my documents changed by?

any info would be great appreciated

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The passport agency charge for a name change- you will need to apply for an entirely new passport.

I believe a stat dec is enough to have a name changed on a passport, but you're best off asking the Passport Agency.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My sons name was changed by statutory deed and therefore differs from the one on his birth certificate. The passport agency just wanted the birth certificate and the original statutory deed to do their checks.