Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sorry a few questions about the Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Sorry I think this will have maybe been asked before, so I'm sorry please don't be mad at me!

Sorry for description

I was out last night and today I've kinda had diarrhoea, but not totally wattery all the time, will this still stop the pill from working for 7 days? I'm thinking if I do happen to get lucky (which I doubt even though I was getting texted from a guy all through the night) I'd rather know if it was ok first. I think I'd be best to use protection too.

also, does this happen to anyone else? I've been on the pill for years, and I always used to come on on Tuesday night, then it chaged to Wednesday, 2 months ago it was Thursday last month Tuesday this month Wednesday night! I mean whats going on is this normal?!

Thanks for reading and helping if you can!

Comments

• Options
    If you're not sure if you'll be protected or not, always go for the extra protection. Doesn't hurt to be over-protected.

Although (please correct me if I've misinterpreted!) if you're having sex with a new guy, you should ALWAYS use a condom until you know exactly where they've been, whether you're on the pill or not :)
  • Options
    The info all says if you have any kind of upset stomach then you shouldn't rely on it for the next 7 days.

It'll be fine as peace of mind along side condoms but don't rely on it by itself til a week is up.
  • Options
    Sorry, I dont have any advice cept use extra protection, but I have a Q, instead of starting a new thread.

How wise, or more unwise is it to skip your period whilst on the pill, for 2 months in a row?

I skipped it last time coz I had my anniversary, and this time, its due on ball night :S

Ive never skipped beofre last month. Just before I call my doc. Please and Thankyou :)
  • Options
    Generally they say as long as you aren't having any problems it's fine to run up to three packets together, but it's probably best not to do more than that.