Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

PHOBIAS- especially weird ones!???!!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've seen the 13th floor, not the matrix though... And I've seen something that could be described as "a glitch in the real world". It wasn't a "graphical" one though, so it didn't freak me out much... Just confused me.

And? What was it? :nervous:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote:
    And? What was it? :nervous:
    Well I've said it once before here, but I'd rather not do it again... because whenever I tell someone, they don't believe it. Even the most "crazy" ones.
    Fair enough, I'm a skeptic and would probably be one to not believe it too...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote:
    Fair enough, I'm a skeptic and would probably be one to not believe it too...
    Well I don't blame you. Though it's interesting that a couple of years after that happened, I read about other people who had something similar happen too...
    Glad I'm not the only one who freaks out when someone vomits :)
    Rachael wrote:
    Glad I'm not the only one who freaks out when someone vomits :)

It's something like the 5th most common phobia. Although that could be wrong, because a lot of people with it don't like to admit to it, lest it curse them. I know I didn't for like 10 years, which is ridiculous, cause now I do tell people (although I tend to grossly understate my fear) I find loads of people who understand, and who get the same thing.

The other week I was washing my hands in the loos at work when one of the others ran in with her hand over her mouth, and I took off. Like, properly sprinted down the corridor. Didn't even wait to see if she was ill, or if she was coughing or something, wet hands and all, I was outta there.

Turns out she was throwing up, which made me feel a mixture of relief that I'd got away in time, guilt that she's ill and all I could do was leg it, and embarrassment that people had seen me do quite the Linford Christie complete with sopping wet hands and think I was mad as a badger. Anyway, so I emailed her when she got back to her desk (go near her post-puke? having a laugh) and asked if she was ok, and that I was sorry about the whole chariots of fire business, and she replied saying she totally understood, cause she was the same way, and if it had been me coming in on her, she would have legged it too. We bonded a little. It was nice.
    i remember once i was walking out of the kitchen and my brother ran up to me with his hands over his mouth and made movements with his other hand to tell me to move....i ran straight upstairs and didn't come down for the rest of the night.
    and when my bf had appendicitis in may, when we were in the hotel and he was throwing up every half hour, i had to go outside and wait in the corridoor at stupid hours in the morning.
    Lobsters also freak me out. Even when theyre dead
    I have a freaky fear of being mutilised. I can only conclude this stems from my love of gory horror flics :(

Oh and childbirth....I get queasy when I hear the term/listen to labour noises from tv etc
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Hi, I'm a hydrophobic Pirate ;[[
    Placenta. :p

Yeah, childbirth discusts me too. Birth of anything. I was innocently watching this bit about African Savanah animals and out of nowhere this horse like thing just poops out a baby. I nearly vomited :\
    I have a phobia of ferrets. It is so bad that I hallucinate at night and scream the house down about them a couple of times a week. Sorry Blah, nothing against your ferret.

I hate moths but that is more of a fear than a phobia. They are horrible!!

I have a phobia of death, so much that the doc prescribed me something for it and I tried hypnotherapy. I used to have anxiety attacks over it. But I am getting better. I know it is irrational!!