Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drinking (not alcohol)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hate drinking anything whatever it is, and there has been a few times when I have been unable to move. I get a really bad pain in my stomach, usually its to the right hand side. I dont tell my parents I get these pains because im scared they might start thinking im weak, I disguise it somehow normally by going to bed or some thing. I got caught out last week and mum took me to the doctors he told me to do a urine sample, which i did but not much came out and i was on my period anyway (sorry too much detail!) He said I have a urinary tract infection and prescribed me antibiotics for a week.

Sorry for rambling on a bit but do the stomach pains and being unable to move have anything to do with not drinking very much?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I often get really ad pains in my abdomen/stomach area so bad that i cant move for a few minutes, but i always put them down to an ilness i have

You should get it checked out.

Also, not drinking enough can make you unwell, just try to drink more? Dont you get thirsty? Why do you not like drinking?
    i dont get thirsty not even when its really hot and i hate drinking because afterwards i feel sick
    i have no idea why you would feel sick after drinking. :confused:

do you feel sick when you've had a big glass of drink? Or can you feel sick just after a mouthful?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's probably very different, but sometimes I feel sick and/or my stomach hurts after drinking water, but only if it's empty (i.e. I haven't eaten anything for a while).
    It's probably very different, but sometimes I feel sick and/or my stomach hurts after drinking water, but only if it's empty (i.e. I haven't eaten anything for a while).

I get this as well. For some reason, it only happens if I drink water.:confused:
    its usually after a mouthful.

normally its after i have eaten not on an empty stomach because when i do have a mouthful its after i have just eaten
    The stomach pains and feeling sick could well be related to the infection. You are at a much higher risk of infection if you don't drink enough.

Try drinking slowly, some people find different things sit better on their stomach. You may find Coke good, its acidity blends nicely with your stomach acid.

Cranberry juice is supposed to be good for UTI's too.