Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

keyboard help please

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Alright, water managed to find its way onto my keybpard (noes!) and it all works. Well, nearly. The only thing that doesn't work is the A key. However, being a zboard I can use the gamong keyset to type and have all the letters, it is shift on this layout. Either way, I opened it and wipe out all water, cleaned... and A still wont work. Any ideas on how to fix this? Obviously contact for some reason isnt being made between the bits inside. But they appear to be fine to the eye, and quite well clean and no breaks.

Please guys... any ideas at all besides "dont do it again, muppet".

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't do it again muppet :p

Best guess is try a new one and for the moment to be able to play change your keyword config from a qwert to a azerty... that way q become a and you can play :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Probably water in the contacts.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Probably water in the contacts.

Dried pretty much all of it out. I knew there was water in the contacts when I pressed "d" and "d+&&" appeared.

I can play fine with the gaming keyset... it is just left shift (walk) doesn't work. Grr.
  • Options
    Have you tried hitting it with a hammer? Seems to work on my old one...
  • Options
    Have you tried hitting it with a hammer? Seems to work on my old one...
    :lol:

Had another look... i think I can see a small bit of damage in one of the paths. How could this be repaired? Metal tape stuff?
  • Options
    Probably, McGyver would use a chewing gum wrapper tbh...

Aluminium might do the trick...
  • Options
    Once I fixed a fucked CPU with the inside on those pencil where you press and they grow... one legs of the cpu was fucked... worked like a charmed... same trick worked on a floppy disk drive as well... McGuyver repair...
  • Options
    ive broke a lot of keyboards :no: .. sometimes it works ok but usually a few keys are fucked
  • Options
    gas mark 9 in an oven, preferably with fan assistance as well

basically just as costly of trying to repair a keyboard, and then just buying one anyway