Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

meeting gays

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i had an interesting experience a few weeks back with a really old lesbian - nothing happened because she scared the shit out of me and it was really unexpected. for some reason i just thought she was being friendly and for some other reason i didn't think an old woman could be a lesbian - naive, i know. (this was in a pub, a straight ordinary pub btw)

anyway... it did make me think seriously, how difficult is it to meet other gay / lesbian people?! i know there are gay bars in different places but i would never have the guts to go in one on my own and they seem to me to be rather cheesy. so, how would you go about trying to meet someone else who was gay and perhaps up for a relationship? or if you already knew someone who you assumed wasn't gay / lesbian / even bi, how could you try and approach the issue that you were attracted to them?

for some reason, these questions seem to have easy answers if you are straight, but not gay.
oh. and also, if you're not gay / lesbian / bi, how would you atke it if someone the same sex as you made it clear they were attracted to you?
cheers!
:)

Comments

• Options
    I don't find any difficaulties with it at all, even used to work for the Heaven in London and was the only heterosexual at the time working there... I have no prbleme with meeting gay people as long as they dn't come and grab my ass... Which did happend at the even, but enever from people woring there tho, more from people coming to party... Oh and the Heaven if the biggest Gay nightclub in London, or well it was bac then...
  • Options
    Heya, Im bi but just recently been getting into the lesbian scene a bit more than I used to. Have spent a lot of time in clubs such as Heaven etc...they are crap if you are looking for a relationship, great for a laugh though. I dont go alone though, tend to get bi friends or drag straight friends along! Finding it is very easy to get sucked into hanging out with the wrong crowd as well! Is damn difficult to meet decent people! Even joined net sites, which seems to be a popular way...mixed feelings on those though! I dunno...in a sense I guess its good to go it alone on the scene, but its fairly hard and especially if you dont look like an obvious gay! Finding I dont like to spend all my time on the scene as I hardly find people I really click with on it. In an ideal world I would just be able to bump into someone in any old place and things would happen.