Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TWITCHING on shrooms!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been taking shrooms for a while now, but recently my last 2 trips I've been twitching like HELL! As in like, nearly uncontrollable shit, but only for about an hour of the trip. It's been making me a lot more paranoid lately as well. Makes my teeth grind more than usual too. And my trip 2 times ago I thought I cut my fingers off on the shards of a broken shot glass and now my fingers start hurting sometimes as well! What the hell IS all this all of a sudden?! I'm going to look into it and see if there are some more mellow strains, but in the meantime, any advice or feedback would be ACE, my friends...

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The only bad drug experience I ever had was on psyclobin shrooms. I was having a great time when all of a sudden I blacked out in the street and started convulsing apparently.
    Since then I've never really enjoyed psyclobin shrooms like a I used to. They make me edgy as fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    only really thing ive had from mushrooms is shivers

one of my mates blacked out before too
  • Options
    If ya think about it, it could be linked with anxiety, because something is happening in your body that your not used to, an so it tries to fight it.. Maybe if you take it easy, and try and build up a positive mentality before taking the drug, then make sure that your comfortable with your surroundings etc. because the more you worry about these twitches, the more they possibly will occur..

As with all drugs, having a clear, positive mentality before taking them helps SO much, and can meen a huge difference between a nightmare-like trip, to a pleasant, enjoyable trip...ITS ALL ABOUT THE MIND! ;)
  • Options
    well both times it was dark, so maybe that was part of it. But both times I was having the time of my fucking life and it just seemed to come suddenly, so I dunno. Each time the freaking out part was no longer than 2 hours, though so not like it was traumatizing, although that's not to say I wasn't edgy as fuck and paranoid at the time. I'm level-headed enough not to loose it completely though, as I realise in the back of my head that the things I'm experiancing aren't real.

Skive, when you say "psyclobin", did you mean basic psilocybe cubensis? That's what most people get as far as my experiance has taught me. I was reading up on them and apparently cub. has one of the highest levels of toxicity as well as a higher than average level of reactions to it, thus a higher chyance of a bad trip. I guess there's a reason why cubensis spores are pretty much the cheapest available...

And I've looked into the strains, and yes, the general response seems to be that cub strains make you paranoid as fuck (with less visuals, I might add), so I'm trying cyanescens, as they are a more sociable, happy trip...

I'll let you all know how it goes once they are grown and consumed!:thumb:
  • Options
    The teeth grinding and the twitching sound like an adrenaline response, the fight or flight reflex is triggered by hallucinogenics, but obviously if you are nervous it with highten it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    When you say "psyclobin", did you mean basic psilocybe cubensis? That's what most people get as far as my experiance has taught me. I was reading up on them and apparently cub. has one of the highest levels of toxicity as well as a higher than average level of reactions to it, thus a higher chyance of a bad trip. I guess there's a reason why cubensis spores are pretty much the cheapest available...

No Liberty Caps (Psilocybe semilanceata)

image4V4.JPG

They grow everywhere here in the autumn, in the right spots you can pick thousands at a time - I've never bought shrooms.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    :yum: