Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

One year on...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote:
    Luke thinks he isnt being racist by thinking its ok to force muslims into a single "acceptable" white european culture
    Err Yeah sure.:crazyeyes
    luke88 wrote:
    Err Yeah sure.:crazyeyes

Did you fancy explaining how we can become a single culture?
    Er... that's what you were advocating earlier when you said you would like to get rid of multiculturalism.

That's why I asked you what do you think multiculturalism actually means.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Did you fancy explaining how we can become a single culture?
    Why? I never once said that.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Er... that's what you were advocating earlier when you said you would like to get rid of multiculturalism.

That's why I asked you what do you think multiculturalism actually means.
    As far as I know - it's where all cultures are celebrated instead of one. BUT... multicultralism in practise has failed. Other cultures in this country seem to be more important that the countries own.

I prefer theU.S styleof culture.

U.S First, you're origon second.
    luke88 wrote:
    Why? I never once said that.

Now I'm completely lost, you want to get rid of multiculturalism, but you dont want to replace it with a single culture, what do you want?
    luke88 wrote:
    As far as I know - it's where all cultures are celebrated instead of one. BUT... multicultralism in practise has failed. Other cultures in this country seem to be more important that the countries own.
    Do they really?

Yeah right.

Any examples?
    luke88 wrote:
    I prefer theU.S style of culture.

U.S First, you're origon second.

I presume you have traveled extensively in the US then? What advantages do you think their patriotism has?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Now I'm completely lost, you want to get rid of multiculturalism, but you dont want to replace it with a single culture, what do you want?
    I want this country to come first, that's what I want. National pride, instead of pride in another country/culture.
    He's not right about the US either anyway. There is as much multiculturalism in the US as there is here. And different communities living alonside each other (or 'ghettoes' as Luke prefers to call them).
    Aladdin wrote:
    Do they really?

Yeah right.

Any examples?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/faith/communities/index.shtml Have a lookat that.

Nothing wrong withit but it misses something.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I presume you have traveled extensively in the US then? What advantages do you think their patriotism has?
    No I haven't.

They're all united as one, instead of at each others throats. Not exactly but somewhat more than this country.
    luke88 wrote:
    I want this country to come first, that's what I want. National pride, instead of pride in another country/culture.

A) - Why, what actual good does it do in the US?
    B) - How should we do this?
    How is that 'giving more importance to other cultures'?

Is St. Patrick's Day 365 days a year? Or 1?
    luke88 wrote:
    No I haven't.

They're all united as one, instead of at each others throats. Not exactly but somewhat more than this country.

Dont believe the hype, the US is just as fractured, seperated and disperate as the UK. In certain areas much more seperated than here.
    Aladdin wrote:
    He's not right about the US either anyway. There is as much multiculturalism in the US as there is here. And different communities living alonside each other (or 'ghettoes' as Luke prefers to call them).
    There are ghettosin Stoke too, where you'd never believe it was England.

There maybe multicultralism the US but the US comes first. I wouldn't have aproblem with it if we were all at least united under being British first.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Dont believe the hype, the US is just as fractured, seperated and disperate as the UK. In certain areas much more seperated than here.
    Evidence?
    Aladdin wrote:
    How is that 'giving more importance to other cultures'?

Is St. Patrick's Day 365 days a year? Or 1?
    No It isn't but there is so much fuss over it, no fuss is made over my own countries, infact it is claimed to be racist at times by idiots.
    luke88 wrote:
    No It isn't but there is so much fuss over it, no fuss is made over my own countries, infact it is claimed to be racist at times by idiots.

You are starting to make less and less sense
    luke88 wrote:
    Evidence?

Just off the top of my head I'll use Chicago as an example, in the centre you get rich flats and so on, largely only white. Go to the south or to Gary and its virtually uniformally black and poor. The same applies in Detroit.
    No surprise when there's people like you demanding everyone should be assimiliated into 'British culture'.
    luke88 wrote:
    As if St. Patricks day in this country is about anything other than Guinness wanting to increase their sales tenfold.
    Aladdin wrote:
    No surprise when there's people like you demanding everyone should be assimiliated into 'British culture'.
    that should come first yes.

You never wantto liisten howpeoplelike meare angry that peopleare blowing them selves up... how does thatmake me feel?

No You ask muslims or anyone else.
    What the fuck are you talking about?

British people have been asked non stop for the last year, countless fucking times, what thought about 7/7.

Yet you choose to ignore it and complain when a survey appears asking other groups.

And you moan if people say you're trolling...
    luke88 wrote:
    Well the liberals claiming that the government was hysterical about a UK threat from terrorism have now been proven wrong.

Except of course that, even last year, you were sixty times more likely to be killed in a road accident.
    Aladdin wrote:
    What the fuck are you talking about?

British people have been asked non stop for the last year, countless fucking times, what thought about 7/7.

Yet you choose to ignore it and complain when a survey appears asking other groups.

And you moan if people say you're trolling...
    Don't you think the poll the other day of muslim attitudes is concerning?
    luke88 wrote:
    You never want to listen how people like me are angry that people are blowing them selves up... how does that make me feel?

No You ask muslims or anyone else.

But they do ask normal people, I saw a vox pop in the paper only a few days ago looking back over the past year and how they feel things have changed since the bombings.

You are right though, the media does tend to ask Muslims, thats because the bombers came from that community and they want to try and understand why. Which is something you dont seem to want to do.
    luke88 wrote:

Frankly I largely ignore polls, they can be set up in a way to get virtually any result you want.
    luke88 wrote:

LOL... Straight from the Book of Troll. When the going gets tough, change the subject.

I'll ask you again: why do you say other cultures are given preference because there has been a survey asking Muslims, when you know very well that there have been thousands of interviews, surveys and articles in the last 12 months asking all of us?

Time to rectract your earlier comments.
    bongbudda wrote:
    You are right though, the media does tend to ask Muslims, thats because the bombers came from that community and they want to try and understand why. Which is something you dont seem to want to do.
    When the police seem to concentrate more on the muslim community it's branded racist... yet the bombers are muslim.