Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ex's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I just want to ask for some opinions really.

Would it annoy you if your NOW boyfriend or girlfriend texted their ex quite frequantly? In a real friendly mannor.

Especially if this ex hurted you're current boyfriend or girlfriend the worst way possible- by shagging someone else for quite a while before telling them.

It's happening to me at the moment and Im not sure if I should just accept that they are going to be in contact for the rest of the days, or actually put my foot down.

Some of the texts she says are like "are you in work tomorrow so I can come and see you"

I trust my boyfriend but I hate her for what she did to him. The thing I dont understand is WHY he does still wanna talk and see her???

So am I just being paranoid or would anybody else feel a bit weird about it too?

x

Comments

• Options
    In a word, yes. It would annoy me.
  • Options
    It is very understandable. Put your foot down and give him a reality check. Ask why he's texting her after what she did. Get him to see your side of it.
  • Options
    yeah would annoy me and id ask him not to do it.
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with being friends with an ex, and it's not really for you to dictate who he can and cannot text!
  • Options
    Well she does cos of the kid and it does annoy me, I even get to see him at least every 2 weeks... goodies... but hey I don't blame anyone that's for the good of Lenny...
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with being friends with an ex, and it's not really for you to dictate who he can and cannot text!

I disagree, especially in this situation. The history is too weird. Thoughts that she might want him back will be racing through Naomi's head. She has a right to ask him to cut it down or out
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    yeah its up to the individual what he or she will or wont accept in a relationship tbh.
  • Options
    Well she does cos of the kid and it does annoy me, I even get to see him at least every 2 weeks... goodies... but hey I don't blame anyone that's for the good of Lenny...
    yeah and its hardly chummy chummy is it. Its getting the house sale sorted out and organising contact for Lenny and thats all. I dislike it too.
  • Options
    yeah and its hardly chummy chummy is it. Its getting the house sale sorted out and organising contact for Lenny and thats all. I dislike it too.

Where did I say it was chummy chummy, I think I was quite clear that you do it cos you have to for Lenny and not for the fun of it... Whatever the reason it annoys me...
  • Options
    It would annoy the fuck outta me. I hate it when my fella texts his exes!
  • Options
  • Options
    She has a right to ask him to cut it down or out
    No she doesn't. I'm friends with my ex and although we're not such close friends anymore, that doesn't mean my future girlfriends should dictate who I can and cannot be friends with.

I can understand Naomi's boyfriend not wanting to text back or meet up with the girl who cheated on him, but it isn't for Naomi to decide for him. And I think you have control freak issues if you think it is tbh.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    No she doesn't. I'm friends with my ex and although we're not such close friends anymore, that doesn't mean my future girlfriends should dictate who I can and cannot be friends with.

I can understand Naomi's boyfriend not wanting to text back or meet up with the girl who cheated on him, but it isn't for Naomi to decide for him. And I think you have control freak issues if you think it is tbh.

But he DOES want to still always text back and meet up etc. :confused:

Anyway, we spoke about it last night. It made me feel better that he was WILLING to stop texting her, although not happy about it. In the end I knew I would hate him to do that just for me, and would rather he did it if HE wanted to do it. If that makes sense.

So basically, hes still gonna text her but has told me if she ever tries anything on, or flirts, then it'll be a good bye forever to her. Which Im happy about.

Makes me feel better now that I haven't been a huge control freak either, by making him stop texting/seeing. I mean, he must be over the cheating by now, why else would he be willing to be friends with her after it all. So I should get over it too I guess :p
  • Options
    Naomi_UK wrote:
    Would it annoy you if your NOW boyfriend or girlfriend texted their ex quite frequantly? In a real friendly mannor.

Especially if this ex hurted you're current boyfriend or girlfriend the worst way possible- by shagging someone else for quite a while before telling them.
    well what can i say, my boyfriend has been texting his ex for the past week now, she hurt him so bad and then she tried spliting me and him up, and after all of that he stayed at her house on friday, so yes it does annoy you when they text there exs, and you have every right too be annoyed! so if anyone says to you that it shouldnt bother you because hes with you not her, that dont mean fuck all!
  • Options
    I think it should only become a problem if he's keeping these txts/meetings secret from you. If he's open and honest about what kind of relationship they have (i.e. friends) then there should be no problem. If you keep banging on about it and he still does want to txt/meet her then he's gonna do it behind your back and thats where your problems start.