Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Freshers 2006!!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GoodFella wrote:
    Yeah thats kinda what im looing forward to really, meeting new people. The getting hammered aspect won't be anything new to me. I do that every week anyway. Just the prospect of meeting new people who could possibly become lie long friends. Who knows. When the freshers pack comes through the letter box then i will really start to get excited but then at the same time also bricking it.

But as you say Stargalaxy, guess all we can do now is enjoy the summer, earn some money and just get on with things.

I keep getting excited, then a bit fed up of waiting. Then I'll get something through the post like a reading list, or accommodation info, and I get all hyper and excited again. :D
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This isn't going to make me look good, but what exactly does a freshers pack contain?

Im not entirely sure. But i've been told to expect one. Guess it will give you information about what to do, where to go when you get there on the first day. Plus i imagine some details on whats going on in Freshers week.

Maybe someone whos had one can tell us eh? :)
    depends on the uni but i got two freshers packs. the first was from the students union telling me what was happening in freshers week, how to get tix, what clubs and societies were available, when the freshers fair was etc and the 2nd was from my department at uni telling me what id be doing in my induction week and what to expect.
    If I remember rightly, it's pretty much an outline of what to expect in Fresher's - social events as well as inductions and enrolments. I remember sitting in my flat last year with my flatmates and a load of handbooks, all trying to work out where we had to be at what time, and what for, but I dunno if that was something in the Fresher's pack or something we were given at uni.

There'll probably also be info on how much tickets are to say, the Fresher's Ball and how to get them, and a list of all the stuff you need to bring with you (about six billion passport photos for starters!)

You'll get your accommodation contracts around the same time as well, which is well exciting :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Maybe someone whos had one can tell us eh? :)
    I may have quoted you, but that doesn't mean it's just for you! :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I may have quoted you, but that doesn't mean it's just for you! :p

You silly billy :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    You silly billy :D
    I'm just wondering why you'd want to study in Birmingham... :p
    Hmmmm .... Wales .... enough said :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    Hmmmm .... Wales .... enough said :p
    Since when is Bristol in Wales? :razz:
    Maybe thats why im going to Birmingham ... *runs off and cries*

Nah Birmingham rocks, Bristol can suck my cocks ... see what i did there? :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Nah Birmingham rocks, Bristol can suck my cocks...
    You have more than one? How does that work? :p
    Stop asking questions about my cocks ....
    GoodFella wrote:
    Stop asking questions about my cocks ....
    The girls of Brum won't know what's hit them. :p
    arghh bloody students get a job!......

Im tecnically not a student yet .. :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    Im tecnically not a student yet .. :p
    Neither am I. I've got a job now to support myself, and I'll have to get one to support myself when at uni too.
    ha unlucky, i think one of the main reasons i went to uni at the time was so i didn't have to get a jay oh bee......that way there's more time to get wrecked.....chess anyone?
    ha unlucky, i think one of the main reasons i went to uni at the time was so i didn't have to get a jay oh bee......that way there's more time to get wrecked.....chess anyone?
    As long as you paid for the chess set... :p

have one thanks.

don't be so judgemental.
    have one thanks.

don't be so judgemental.

i mean a real one.......(if you havent guessed by now it's called tongue in cheek dear :P)

i have a job, had one throughout the whole of my first year too and am now working most days.

im no longer a fresher, but i dont mind coz im looking forward to moving into my house with my mates. staying in lincoln over summer though and i cant wait for it all to start again, the nightclubs are a bit dead now.
    \
    i mean a real one.......(if you havent guessed by now it's called tongue in cheek dear :P)

what's a real job then? i have a job, i've been there throught my college years and i will be for all of university too (only 1 year left). i don't see how you could call it a 'fake' job.

chances are i'll be earning more than you when i finish uni so i'll be paying more taxes than you anyway.
    So would getting a job in your first year be a good idea?

I was thinking of maybe leaving it for a few months, just to settle in first and enjoy myself for abit and then see what my money situations like.
    :lol: i'm not threatened by people wanting to better themselves, damn some of you have short memories, i was a student up until last year so of course i'm not being serious.....i guess i was lucky that i didn't have to get a job at the time, i was self-employed ;) goodfella there's plenty of time to get a job when your broke, might as well enjoy yourself for a bit.....
    GoodFella wrote:

I was thinking of maybe leaving it for a few months, just to settle in first and enjoy myself for abit and then see what my money situations like.

I didnt get a job in the first year, but instead spent money i earnt during my gap year, whoops!
    Settle in first and then look if you need to..
    Def have loadsa fun!:D
    GoodFella wrote:

i wouldn't have managed with out my job so for me it wasn't an option. if you can manage without then manage without. if you leave it too late though there'll be no jobs left.
    I guess once i get there i'll know. Saw an old mate whos back from uni for the summer today, says he's already in debt after his first year. Says he spent about £20/30 a day. But i guess everyones different.

Anyway im not gonna bother worrying about money, just gonna have a good time! :D
    I haven't decided where I am going yet!!
    I am struggling between a Civil Eng Degree at UEL (University of East London) and Psychosocial Sciences Degree at the UEA (University of East Anglia).

Freshers is gonna be awesome and will be my 3rd one!!

BTW I hate bloody ASTON, too many flippin speed cameras!
    Aw bless, I feel so old :D