Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

tooth work for adults

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This wont be happening any time soon, but one day when i can afford it i want to get my teeth sorted

Ive never liked them they are crooked and horrible, yet never got braces offered to me by a dentist before

So i want to have them sorted

I was just wondering if any other adults here have had their teeth sorted (straightened with braces of some sort) and any other treatment im probably not even aware exists

Is it really expensive?

Also, ive never been called goofy or anything but i find that my front 2 teeth are that little bit too big for my liking and i wondered if anything can be done about that? Surely they cant be shaved down because then they wont meet the bottom teeth? None of my teeth meet anyway, im a proper redneck me :D (this smiley has better teeth than me)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anything and everything can be done to teeth to make them look 'good' so to speak.

I currently have braces and i'm 20 next week, but it was left late for a reason because I am having lower jaw surgery next february and the bones really need to have stopped growing otherwise complications can arise.

I've gone private for my braces which was about 4 grand, but you can go on the NHS.

Just go to your dentist and talk with him, you would then be refered to an Orthodontist who would carry out all the work.
    I've been told a brace for me (I'm 32) would cost about grand but perhaps that depends on how much works need to be done, how long it would be in for etc.
    Nash wrote:
    I've gone private for my braces which was about 4 grand, but you can go on the NHS.
    :eek:
    I'd like more straight teeth too I was supposed to get a brace when I was 12 but was scared so didn't get it silly me.
    I was told I didn't need a brace, despite the fact that my jaws are all wonky :(.
    Franki wrote:
    I was told I didn't need a brace, despite the fact that my jaws are all wonky :(.

Good to get advice from different dentists and get refered to an orthodontist, if you think there is a problem then it's good to get advice from others instead of thinking your dentist must be right.

Blah - Yep it can be very expensive going private but I didn't want to wait for months and months and if there is ever a problem I can see my Ortho that night, imagine what you would have to do on the NHS.... But I am going NHS for surgery because I didn't fancy paying 10+ grand and It's only over half a year away, even though the braces have aligned everything properly in 6 months and i'm ready to go.
    Its also worth remembering that dentists only say you need braces if you dental health would be improved by them rather than for soley cosmetic reasons.