Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hair Styling - Best Guy's Product

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive always used the Garnier Fructis wax (green tub) and am getting kind of bored of it now and am sure there are much better products out there for better hold and a better look. I have heard if you can buy it in a supermarket, it isnt that great so can anyone recommend any good products from salons etc to check out?

Cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i cant recomend as im not a guy. i would imagine tho that the things in the supermarket would be just as good as the salon one's just not as fashionable/expensive.

Most things are better when you get them from a salon as they reccomend the right product for your hair type. If you use a product that is for your hair type i cant see why gel / wax / whatever from a supermarket cant be just as good as one from a salon
    Nearly every product in salons, unless the company has requirements that they can only be sold in certian places, and tbh, there aren't many of those, can be found in a supermarket. And alot cheaper too.

As for mens hair products, I sa just cut your hair short and don't fuck about with girly stuff :thumb:
    I just use that stuff in the squeezy upside down tubes. I don't get that re-workable crap. Surely the reason you put it on in the first place is so that your hair stays the way you want it. A sudden gust of wind and it'll be all over the place. I go for the brillcreem stuff normally because it's always on 2 for 1 offers in shops.

ETA: Oh and I can't stand wax. It feels horrible and takes months to wash out.
    my ex used to use that dax stuff. can't remember whether it was the blue or red tub...
    My brother swares by this range http://www.geezers.co.uk/
    I use the V05 texturising stuff mostly. Does the job.

I don't really use Shockwaves or anything, but if I need a wet look then Superdrug own brand stuff is actually alright and it actually smells divine.

BTW if its stuff that's hard to wash out, buy that Brylcreem shampoo stuff that removes it all.
    I always get Got 2b Glued. Comes in a yellow tube and will hold your hair in place against anything.

Fish is quite good aswell, quite expensive at about £8 from Boots
    olaola wrote:
    I always get Got 2b Glued.

:thumb:

My mum bought me that stuff and I swear to God, it holds my hair perfectly. Great hold and definition like i've never had before with my bastardly thick hair.
    Jazza wrote:
    :thumb:

My mum bought me that stuff and I swear to God, it holds my hair perfectly. Great hold and definition like i've never had before with my bastardly thick hair.

since they stopped selling it in Boots theres only one shop left i know that sells it. I must be their best customer
    I like that Fructis stuff, It smells sooo lovely!

*pointless*
    loreal rework fibra putty! ;)