Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hangovers and depression?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK maybe it's just me... but does anyone get kind of depressed when they have a hangover (alcohol)?

I don't know why but the day after i've been drinking, even if i've had an amazing night, i tend to feel depressed for no reason at all, it gets to me a bit. Does anyone else feel this way? :/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aye I get that sometimes, feel a bit detached from what's going on around ya but it's nothing to do with depression. Just being hungover, nothing to worry about like. Happy days. :thumb:
    :d
    \
    Only time i have ever felt bad during a hang over was when i had spent all night puking and had a bad tummy! Then iw as thinking, "oh God im gona die!" But thats the only time, usually i end up laughing about what i did while a little drunk, or remember how bad everyone else was.
    sophia wrote:
    I frequently feel really low when I'm hungover, and then paranoid thinking, "oh god I was so wasted last night, I bet everyone thinks I was such a twat, I wonder if I said/did anything really terrible" etc.
    yes thats what i really hate about hangovers and sometimes i do feel a bit depressed. it gets worse the more i go out actually.
    \
    sophia wrote:
    I think it gets worse as you get older :( I was out last night and had too much to drink, which was stupid anyway as I have work to do today, and I keep remembering things I said or did and cringing. Ugh, not good.
    its probably a lot worse in your head than it really was. and if everyone else was drunk i'm sure they don't care.

i think the paranoia only happens with alcohol. maybe its because it gives you a patchy memory.
    worrying that you might have made a twat of yourself is not paranoia.
    \
    sophia wrote:
    Well no, obviously you're right. In the same way that feeling down for a day isn't depression, either.

I guess what I mean is that apart from giving you headaches and sickness and tiredness and all the rest of it, alcohol hangovers can make you feel really miserable and anxious as well.
    quite ...and walking round the next coiuple days looking at the ground ...avoiding eye contact ...all good stuff.
    I get that as well, especially on a Sunday :(.
    it's no fun :(
    muse- wrote:
    OK maybe it's just me... but does anyone get kind of depressed when they have a hangover (alcohol)?

I don't know why but the day after i've been drinking, even if i've had an amazing night, i tend to feel depressed for no reason at all, it gets to me a bit. Does anyone else feel this way? :/

fuck yes.

i think with me it's more the tiredness than anything. well, the alcohol doesn't help.
    I do, and I sometimes get a feeling of guilt, as if I've done something wrong that I can't quite remember.
    fuck yes.

i think with me it's more the tiredness than anything. well, the alcohol doesn't help.

yeah it probly is the tiredness, i always seem to wake up really early after drinking. It's still crap feeling so low the next day though lol, a few of my friends can just get up and do anything after drinking and they wonder why i complain :/
    I do, and I sometimes get a feeling of guilt

yeah me too :x that can be the worst thing sometimes.