Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

People who moan about being single

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I suppose choosing not to be in a relationship could be fine. However, in most cases, people moan because they haven't chose not to be in a relationship, they had it forced upon them, by the fact that no-one wants to go out with them. Having said that, I couldn't be arsed with a girlfriend right now either.
    having someone to care for. having someone care for you. having somethere. feeling loved. having emotional sex compared to emotionless sex. I've slept with alot of girls since me and my ex of 3 years broke up and the emotional sex is so much better.
    I have never been single, well not since i was like 14! Sometimes wish i had time to just be me before i settled down but thats life i guess.
    im staying single at the moment until the right lady comes along
    Well I suppose choosing not to be in a relationship could be fine. However, in most cases, people moan because they haven't chose not to be in a relationship, they had it forced upon them, by the fact that no-one wants to go out with them. Having said that, I couldn't be arsed with a girlfriend right now either.

Thsi si true. I'm not in a relationship because I don't want to be in one.
    i prefer to be in a relationship but everyone is different arent they, I just like it because you have someone to share everything with, get to know, spend time with - i dunno really i just love it

but i wouldnt say i moan all the time about being single (esp now its summer - i think winter gets me down because of miserable weather, can be a bit boring, middle of the year (coursework time lol). I just would rather be i a relationship
    tell your friend she's single because she's so desperate to be in a relationship: that should shut her up!

People like that annoy me too. Ive never once been pissed off at being single, ive been pissed off about not being able to have someone in particular but not at the being single itself
    Blah wrote:
    tell your friend she's single because she's so desperate to be in a relationship: that should shut her up!

People like that annoy me too. Ive never once been pissed off at being single, ive been pissed off about not being able to have someone in particular but not at the being single itself

:yes:

Did anyone else ever find that as a teenager, there was always pressure to be in a relationship? Or is that just me?
    Better to be single than to be with someone just to avoid being alone.
    Blah wrote:
    ive been pissed off about not being able to have someone in particular but not at the being single itself

With me it's more not meeting enough potentials. If I'm getting to know cool, new single girls every week then I'm fine. Even if none of them go on to be actual girlfriends.

It's when you've got nobody to even ask out that singledom begins to suck royally.

E.g. Currently I've got one girl to ask out. So I'm kinda dragging the process out, taking it real slow. Both because I want her as a mate if it doesn't work out. And also 'cause if we don't end up as a couple then I'm a bit screwed. And not in the good way. 'Cause I've got nobody else to ask out. Grr.
    Does it really matter that you don't have anyone to ask out?
    Sofie wrote:
    Does it really matter that you don't have anyone to ask out?

Yes it does, thanks. It's the difference between feeling like you'll find someone eventually, and feeling like you'll be alone forever. I'm not saying that's the truth, but it's how it feels to me.

I don't need to be in a relationship, but I need to feel like I'm progressing towards being in one. Eventually.
    I dont moan about being single. In fact Im having the best time ever being single, split up with my last proper boyfriend about two years ago and realised I was too young anyway. So now Im just enjoying myself, and if Mr Right comes along then so be it.

Too many of my friends are stuck in a rut with their loser boyfriends, or have settled with someone... thats just not my style tbh
    I'm feeling very lonely at the mo, because I just split up with my first love, who I was with for 18 months. I miss having someone to ring at night, and I really miss the affection. I don't like being alone.

I met someone last saturday at a party, and I hung out with him yesterday, but I don't think it will go anywhere.

I hate seeing my ex with someone else, especially as he now hates my guts, for no real reason. He won't even speak to me anymore. It makes me want him back :(.

Most of my mates are single and it doesn't seem to bother them. I'm just insecure, and used to being part of something special.
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I'm feeling very lonely at the mo, because I just split up with my first love, who I was with for 18 months. I miss having someone to ring at night, and I really miss the affection. I don't like being alone.

I met someone last saturday at a party, and I hung out with him yesterday, but I don't think it will go anywhere.

I hate seeing my ex with someone else, especially as he now hates my guts, for no real reason. He won't even speak to me anymore. It makes me want him back :(.

Most of my mates are single and it doesn't seem to bother them. I'm just insecure, and used to being part of something special.

of course your going to feel lonely, my last relationship was for 3 years and I loved her so much. it hurts but as they say time will heal. of course your going to feel shitty but that will soon pass. dont go rushing into anything just because you feel lonely as it'll turn out shitty in the long term
    With me it's more not meeting enough potentials. If I'm getting to know cool, new single girls every week then I'm fine. Even if none of them go on to be actual girlfriends.
    Exactly the same for me, except, I'm looking for new single men, not girls :lol: :yes: I suppose it's the social side of being single - there's a lot less to do when you're single, and especially if you're single and have no friends in the area.
    Well, I'm in two minds about this. Part of me loves being in a relationship then part of me loves being single. Its depends on my mood! Haha.

I split up with my ex of 3 years late last year. It was the best decision I ever made because I can now do stuff I couldn't do whilst in a relationship. Plus, I get to make my own decisions all the time. I don't need to take the other half into consideration all the time. I can just focus on me and do what I like.

For example now, as much as I would love a boyfriend, I simply do not have time for one. I'm working all the hours I can.

I plan on not being in another relationship until I leave uni. I need to concentrate on myself.
    I always found it depended what most of my friends were up to. If we were all single it was awesome, but if I was single and all my friends had other halves, I'd be all jealous and lonely. But then if i was in a relationship and all my mates were single, I'd be all green-eyed over their meeting men exploits and singleton adventures.

These days we are all coupled up, and it's all good :)
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Well, I'm in two minds about this. Part of me loves being in a relationship then part of me loves being single. Its depends on my mood! Haha.

I split up with my ex of 3 years late last year. It was the best decision I ever made because I can now do stuff I couldn't do whilst in a relationship. Plus, I get to make my own decisions all the time. I don't need to take the other half into consideration all the time. I can just focus on me and do what I like.

For example now, as much as I would love a boyfriend, I simply do not have time for one. I'm working all the hours I can.

I plan on not being in another relationship until I leave uni. I need to concentrate on myself.

are you my ex?
    Why do you say that?
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Why do you say that?

because everything you said is what exactly I know why my ex broke up with me
    Jookie wrote:
    Better to be single than to be with someone just to avoid being alone.

Couldn't have summed it up better if i'd tried. :yes: This is what i try to explain to friends. It annoys me when one of the married women i work with goes on and on at me about finding someone/getting married/having babies etc. And then tells me i'm wierd and odd when i tell her i like running my own life and am too selfish at the moment to want what she has. Just because she's happy with her lot it does not mean she can ram it down my throat that i must want what she has.

Everyone has a different grasp on what they want from life. Some people organise their dream weddings from when they're 13, others don't want weddings/babies etc. It gets on my wick when people cannot let others be what they want to be.

So be single, ignore your friend who as blah says is single because she's desparate not to be and enjoy your time to do what the hell you like :D
    Being single has its perks, being in a relationship has its perks. You just have learn to enjoy it. Take a step back from the whole singe/relationship aspect and label and just enjoy things in life. It can be pleasurable both ways. Take advantage of the different aspects when you get the opertuinty.
    Being in a relationship is no better than being single and vice versa. Its all in how you deal with it. THey can both be gratifying.
    my_name wrote:
    Being single has its perks, being in a relationship has its perks. You just have learn to enjoy it. Take a step back from the whole singe/relationship aspect and label and just enjoy things in life. It can be pleasurable both ways. Take advantage of the different aspects when you get the opertuinty.

Very true, totally agreed. Anyone else find that there are people who just want someone because they want to show off to thir mates, or is that just me?
    I never hated being single as such, more hated never having anyone be interested in me, being constantly let down.

Now that I'm in a relationship, I know that if it happens, I will hate being single again as I've done and shared so much with him.

I have 2 current situations relating to this.

One friend moans about never having a boyfriend, yet sleeps around. If she wants a bf, then she shouldnt build up a slut reputation and get her hopes up that these guys maybe arent just using her.

My other situation is that my best friend and I, both got bfs for the first time on the same day (sounds weird, but was unplanned).
    They broke up because he got sick of lying to his mum and told her, (he was "royal" Indian type, and she wasnt = big no no)

So she was upset, and I was there for her.

I avoided getting into fights about him because I couldnt be bothered. I really didnt like him, and the lies that he told had her believing them e.g. he got erections so hard, he ripped through his pants. My genius friend worked out that the force of blood to do that would explode your head. I didnt need her to tell me that to know he was lying.
    He even told her that his twin told his mum about them, until he told her the truth a month later. What was the point in that? How can you believe anything that he says?

I just didnt like him.

When they were going out, I would tell her a story about me and Rich, and she would always tell me something, cutting me off to equal or better my story, like it was some competition. It really irritated me.

Even now, 7months after their break up, she talks about him non-stop, cause theyre still friends, which again, pisses me off. He was all ready to go to Uni the other side of the county, but his mummy wanted him to stay here. Now why would an overprotective mum, who broke them up, punished him like hell and treated him like shit for lying, want him to stay in the same city as his ex? It doesnt make sense.

It just irritates me that I cant speak a word about Rich without her mentioning her ex. I've tried to be patient, and I'm just letting it pass and not get to me, so really, this is just a rant.

But any advice would be brill :)
    Being single is fine. When your friends are mostly couples, being the third person is unpleasant.
    Other than that it's neither particularly good or bad, though. It just is.

I wouldn't mind being attractive to someone (normal), though.