Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

earphone thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I guess this could kind of go in either entertainment, tech, health, but neither really too, so I'll just put it here and let you decide where.

Anyways, I have the little earphones that you put inside your ears (as pictured) but they just don't fit in my ears. I don't know why but they are always falling out. I've had other pairs so its not the specific ones, they all fall out, my ears are weird I guess.
I don't like those old school over the head big circly cover the ears headphones either. They feel funny.

The ones I've got fall out then they drag on the treadmill and get caught and I trip and its just a big unnecessary fiasco.

Are there any other alternatives?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your ears must be fucked up if they don't fit you.
    I know! I've never known anybody they dont fit, but they won't stay in, or even go in really :grump: They just kinda hang there till they fall out.
    my_name wrote:
    I know! I've never known anybody they dont fit, but they won't stay in, or even go in really :grump: They just kinda hang there till they fall out.

I have the exact same problem. They are fine if I don't move or anything but the slighest movement and they pop out. I've thought about buying replacements like these (See Below) but not sure. Anyone any reviews/thoughts?

Earbuds

Hook over ear things

Sparkplug

Lightweight head band type thing
    They don't fit in my ears either, which I suspect is because they're tiny (my ears). I just use the over the head headphones as I actually prefer them and it's far less hassle (and is cheaper) than looking for an alternative.

If you find something good though, let me know too :thumb:
    They don't really fit me either. I can just about get them to stay in but it's painful.
    The thing about headphones like this

PX20mainsmall.jpg

is I don't feel like I'm getting the best sound. It's almost like you can't hear everything correctly. That's why I like the in-ear type 'phones as they attack your eardrum on contact. :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe you could borrow a doctor's stethoscope and connect it to the earplugs? These devices have very small things for the ears. :p
    my_name wrote:
    Are there any other alternatives?

Try a pair of IEMs. :)
    is I don't feel like I'm getting the best sound. It's almost like you can't hear everything correctly. That's why I like the in-ear type 'phones as they attack your eardrum on contact. :)

Nah, proper big headphones are the best. Ever considered why studios don't use those pesky little ones that sit in your ears? ;)
    I cant get them to fit either, i just opted for the hook over ear ones! They are brilliant - I got some panasonic ones a few years back and have never looked back.
    Try a pair of IEMs. :)

Nah, proper big headphones are the best. Ever considered why studios don't use those pesky little ones that sit in your ears? ;)

Studio 'phones don't sit semi-flat on your ears like cheap little foam ones though either and I suspect you might cause a gigle walking down the street in massive headphones. Also, studio 'phones don't have the rght size jack for your typical portable music player and every extra connection point is potentially lowering the sound quality. blah blah blah- why did I tell you that? My bruver used to wear massive headphones and sod the looks. My solution is to wear a really wide headband and wriggle it down to keep earphones in place...
    I've seen a guy at the gym wearing those mahoosive ones; like he should be out on the runway loading luggage onto the airplane.

The over the ear hookones look good, at least if they don't fit they can just hang there and I can turn the volume up.
    Thanks all :thumb:

Yeah but how many guys do you see out walking their dogs, riding their bikes or on a 10k run with huuuuge studio headphones?
    Yeah but how many guys do you see out walking their dogs, riding their bikes or on a 10k run with huuuuge studio headphones?

Aren't the two rather different? You initially said that you felt that you got better sound quality from the smaller, 'in the ear' ones, and now you're going on about whether it is fashionable or not...
    katralla wrote:
    Studio 'phones don't sit semi-flat on your ears like cheap little foam ones though either and I suspect you might cause a gigle walking down the street in massive headphones. Also, studio 'phones don't have the rght size jack for your typical portable music player and every extra connection point is potentially lowering the sound quality. blah blah blah- why did I tell you that? My bruver used to wear massive headphones and sod the looks. My solution is to wear a really wide headband and wriggle it down to keep earphones in place...

I haven't worn big headphones down the street, though I have worn them on the bus, and trains. When you get to good sound reproduction, you start to care less and less about how people think they look ;).

Any self-respecting audiohead these days has a headphone amplifier anyway - most portable kit struggles to power decent big headphones properly. Google for Pimeta or mint :).
    An audiohead? Is that like the newest version of the guys that would walk around with boom boxes in their shoulders in the 80's?
    I find that the only way my Creative Zen (either pair) would fit in my ears would be if I took the cushiony stuff out. They did sometimes fall out though. (And yes, I do have tiny ears)
    my_name wrote:
    An audiohead? Is that like the newest version of the guys that would walk around with boom boxes in their shoulders in the 80's?

Dunno. I just prefer to use that term than 'audiophile' - the latter sounds rather more anal ;).
    manda get thesehttp://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=223

they come with loads of different fittings

and they sound really good

you know i talk sense :p
    manda get thesehttp://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=223

they come with loads of different fittings

and they sound really good

you know i talk sense :p

P.S. I don't plan on spending more than like $5 :p
    I don't go for quality, I just want something that fits in my ear for at the gym.
    Now if somebody else bought me those... :p
    my_name wrote:
    I don't go for quality, I just want something that fits in my ear for at the gym.

you dissapoint me :(

you know i'd buy you those but im just a poor man

but im sure there are cheap in ear ones that would fit better than the ones you have just now

right bed for me g'night

ps. get on msn some time
    my_name wrote:

Buy yourself a tube of silicon sealant. :)
    My ears are tiny too and those in-ear phones don't fit in my ears. So I use these and they're Sony and have lasted ages.
    Aren't the two rather different? You initially said that you felt that you got better sound quality from the smaller, 'in the ear' ones, and now you're going on about whether it is fashionable or not...

I haven't worn big headphones down the street, though I have worn them on the bus, and trains. When you get to good sound reproduction, you start to care less and less about how people think they look ;).

Any self-respecting audiohead these days has a headphone amplifier anyway - most portable kit struggles to power decent big headphones properly. Google for Pimeta or mint :).

am googling :hyper: . So, how's your hearing then?
    Have you fitted the foam pads that come with a lot of those headphones?

I have a really nice set of AiWa ones and that have a sort of rubber thing that goes around the plastic rather then foam.
    katralla wrote:
    am googling :hyper: . So, how's your hearing then?

Pardon? ;)