Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

where shall we go - thinking Greece or Crete

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone got any suggestions where me and NMM should go for a week or two on our own at the beginning of august. Its got to be in Europe. We both have never been to Greece and thought that would maybe be nice. Crete looks lovely in pictures. Were not going for nightlife particularly though, mainly would like to have beaches or waterfalls and beautiful scenery and stuff (well thats what id like anyway) want to do coupley things and swimming/diving - and hopefully not too package holidayey.

Anyone have any ideas/ recommendations?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I love Greece, Corfu has some nice coupley places. We went to Tsilivi in Zante a few years ago, that's a nice wee place, quite coupley. Laganas is the best for watery things in Zante but that's club 18-30 capital.
    Ive just remembered Im talking crap and you cant do any watersports in Laganas bay cos of the turtles in the sea.
    Glittery wrote:
    Ive just remembered Im talking crap and you cant do any watersports in Laganas bay cos of the turtles in the sea.
    oh wow, really?
    That sounds cool.
    oh it looks a bit nightlifey for what were after though. Im not interested in clubbing particularly.
    as you just said, durr
    We went on a turtle spotting trip and the boat takes you round all the little bays in the area and stops off so you can go swimming etc. We were in Tsilivi which was about 30 mins from Laganas and a bus took us from there to Laganas to get the boat .

This tells you a bit about it - http://www.greeka.com/ionian/zakynthos/zakynthos-caretta-caretta.htm

This is quite good for info about Zante too - http://www.justzante.co.uk/

:)
    \
    Crete was lovely when i went, was away from the nightlife and was pretty.