Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

budget for travelling 4 summer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im in between jobs at the minute but have saved up about 600 euro from previous job, Kind of like the idea of going for a bit of a european wander for the remainder of the summer, working randomly as i go...Is that enough money to start off with? Is is really hard to get very temporary job (say like three weeks in each country i travel to) ? Im kind of lost about the kind of job i want and i think travelling a bit may help me decide. The only thing is though..i wouldnt know where to start to try and organise a solo trip!! I know plane tickets first and then maybe acommadation and a plan as of where to go, but beyond that..im clueless!! Goin to pick up a 'lonely planet guide to gap year' book tomorrow, hopefully find something in there that would help!

Has anyone else done this? Im quite worried about travelling alone but shurely millions of people do and they come off fine from it!! I would consider going with someone but there isnt exactly many people i know able to do that as they either have solid jobs they cant get away from or are stoney broke!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi ya here's an article on travelling solo which you might find helpful. We also have an article on working abroad which includes a section on Europe which will hopefully get you started.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't you have to have a work permit to work in a foreign country? :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As an EU citizen, you can work in any EU country without a work permit.