Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

North korea...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    subject13 wrote:
    Not really, the President of the time, his generals, the men who developed the bomb and the pilots who dropped it...most must be dead by now from old age or something.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

A good start ( at highlighting the facts). But why the use of "president", "generals" and "pilots" ?
  • Options
    Well although i know it was Truman, the names of the pilots and the Generals behind the decision making process and the scientists who developed the bombs all elude me at the moment, and im too lazy to research it any more thoroughly.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol: Nukes only mate. The North Korean army is SHITE. SHITE. Less than what Iraq put up a fight of.

A bunch of T-34's, and T-55's ain't even going to stand a chance of SCRATCHING an Abrams mate.

And WW2 era Artillery...

Korean war and older planes. MiG-15's, 17's... and some good old IL-2 anti-tank places.

They'd be decimated in SECONDS.

But the Nukes... the USA can't stop them. So its a no-go zone. They'd think of Iran LONG before NK.

erm the problem is the 10,000 artillery pieces within range of Seoul...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Balddog wrote:
    erm the problem is the 10,000 artillery pieces within range of Seoul...

One US Airstrike could soon solve that. A few F/A18's... a few nice laser guided bombs... boom!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    One US Airstrike could soon solve that. A few F/A18's... a few nice laser guided bombs... boom!

Stop watching so many films mate...one US airstrike?

The US military themselves say that they couldnt do enough fast enough...Seoul would be blown to crap in a matter of hours....theres 14 million people in the seoul area...
  • Options
    Balddog wrote:
    Stop watching so many films mate...one US airstrike?

The US military themselves say that they couldnt do enough fast enough...Seoul would be blown to crap in a matter of hours....theres 14 million people in the seoul area...

With the state of Noth Korea I would be supprised to find half of those artillery pieces work. Their Military, whilst recieving alot more funding than say, feeding people, it still incredibly poorly maintained.

The US could easily remove those artillery pieces if it acted first. (And if resources wern't wasted in Iraq. Which is slightly tieing the US up.) However, the chances are if any conflict arises involving North Korea, it will act first, which is the problem.

Luckily, their is a fair incentive for it to not do so. I think the North Korean government is well aware, whilst it may strike first, it couldn't hold off an attack by... well, any of its neigbours or International Powers.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    With the state of Noth Korea I would be supprised to find half of those artillery pieces work. Their Military, whilst recieving alot more funding than say, feeding people, it still incredibly poorly maintained.

The US could easily remove those artillery pieces if it acted first. (And if resources wern't wasted in Iraq. Which is slightly tieing the US up.) However, the chances are if any conflict arises involving North Korea, it will act first, which is the problem.

Luckily, their is a fair incentive for it to not do so. I think the North Korean government is well aware, whilst it may strike first, it couldn't hold off an attack by... well, any of its neigbours or International Powers.

Can I ask what qualifications you have that make you believe you know better than all the US and international military analysts?
  • Options
    Balddog wrote:
    Can I ask what qualifications you have that make you believe you know better than all the US and international military analysts?

He is their general :p

On the topic, frankly who cares who go what, I am as worried about any country having nukes and others missile as North Korea having it...

Why shouldn't some countries have them anyway, if nobody had it, then maybe nobody will feel the needs to have it just in case...

Before the planet dies we will probably end up nuking ourselves up anyway the way it seems to go, let's take out all governments and we might be able to live in peace for a change...
  • Options
    Balddog wrote:

I have no qualifications. (Except GCSE.) I research this myself.

The "qaulified" analysts told us Iraq had WMD's and an almighy armed forces.
    They told us Vietnam would be over quickly and easy.
    They told us the troops would be home by Christmas.

Don't believe what these super-qaulified Government analysts say. It's rarely entirley true. I really doubt North Korea has managed the mammoth task of maintaining Artillery pieces dating from WW2 that by all rights belong in a Museum to top scratch. I bet a large percentage of them don't function properly. North Korea is strugling anyway.

Iraq had a huge Airforce or so we thought. A tiny percentage of the planes were airworthy, and those were hidden away buried or in bunkers. The rest had been canibilised for spares.

They may have 10,000 artillery pieces. Of which, perhaps 7,500 are useable. Maybe 5,000 of those are well maintained.

And anyway. So there are 10,000 artillery pieces. The USAF is more than capable of striking many of these (They are placed in groups at atrillery bases, not individually about the place) - and Cruise Missile strikes and atrillery fire from Warships at sea can tackle the rest.

Not to mention that, no doubt if the US goes into a war anytime soon, that means the RAF and Royal Navy would get involved, furthur adding to the ability to take the artillery out. Not like Tony Blair to stay out of a war if one is going and the US are getting involved.

To be quite fair, any attack on South Korea would result in the annihiliation of the North Korean armed forces rather quickly. The hardest part would be tracking them all down...
  • Options
    MattMatt wrote:
    Why are we so transfixed with Iran when North Korea are clearly the real threat! If there is an threat of WW3 surely it is with these guys!

They are brainwashed people. Very dangerous.

Why do we hear so little about them?

Cos there more Oil in Iran then North Korea?