Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Females

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody else get the urge to eat constantly when your on your period? Almost like your pregnant, just everything sounds and tastes so good.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I get the exact opposite tbh.
    Yes i do which is do not good for me trying to diet. :yeees:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yes. Food is so much tastier when I am on :(

It is bad for me :|
    Yes. Food is so much tastier when I am on :(

It is bad for me :|

:yes: I always used to crave chocolate.
    i use it as an excuse to eat even less tbh...
    Tweety wrote:
    Yes i do which is do not good for me trying to diet. :yeees:

:yes: And its greasy food I crave, fast food in general. cheeseburgers, onion rings, breakfast sandwiches, a big mac :p Oh :\
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    my_name wrote:
    :yes: And its greasy food I crave, fast food in general. cheeseburgers, onion rings, breakfast sandwiches, a big mac :p Oh :\

Yeah, it's never fruit and veg I crave, it's chocolate and sweeties and things that I crave.

Although in the last few days I have been craving fruit and veg. Which is good.
    I go through phases of both, and neither seems to be linked to my cycle - just totally random.

Some days I'm like 'fucking hell that dehydrated broccoli looks good', and then others you could dangle a cheesecake in front of me and I really wouldn't fancy it (or anything) at all.

It's not ideal, but as long as I don't lose my appetite for too long at a time, it all balances out.
    It's chocolate mainly for me :(
    The first day bread becomes absolute poison for me. Some months I only need smell bread and I feel sick. I often don't eat very much that first day.
    After that everything gets pretty much normal. Doesn't mean I don't use it as an excuse to buy chocolate though. ;)
    I always want 'healthy' foods when I'm ovulating, even if I look at an advert for junk food, I feel quite queasy. Just before and during my period, I could happily eat stodge until it comes out of my ears.
    my_name wrote:
    Does anybody else get the urge to eat constantly when your on your period? Almost like your pregnant, just everything sounds and tastes so good.
    yes yes yes - well for about 3 days before my period I just think about food CONSTANTLY and am barely finished one thing, before im craving something else. I get quite upset with my lack of control at those times.
    I get really bad craving for sweet things when I'm on my period. Sugar, stodge, carbs, etc etc etc.
    i normally feel too ill to eat