Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Verrucas---I HATE THEM!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone else have verrucas?? i have about 3 on my foot but one is quite big! im using azuka extra strength on it for bout 2 weeks and seems to be working on the smaller ones :thumb: but cant seem to get much progress on the bigger one :mad: should i just get it frozen off??

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Baszuka That Verucca!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i used to have them REALLY bad :(
    i dont really understand how you get them or why or whatever but i seemed to have an outbreak. I ended up gettin these special things u can get them at most chemists and boots etc. Its like a tiny dot or bigger depending on how much space u need to cover. Basically u stick one on, then put this padded plaster thing over it and then because of where mine was, i used to tape it on so it did actually stay on. Seems a bit extreme. And the next bit is totally disgusting but here goes.

I was told that when they skin is broken down by this special plaster thing, remove it after 3/4 days. Then where the skin is soft and comin away and just basically dig it out lol So all i kept doing was diggin away at the skin tryin 2 expose the actual vercucca thing. YUK

And it got worse. As i got past the lil black stringly bits there were more and more. as i kept re applying the plasters (for months) i evenutally got down to this white lump thing. once i'd dug that out, the skin started to grow again normally and wooohooo no more verecuass!! I do dread them comin back tho. altho apparently mine was quiet a bad case. i apologise to everyone who is disgusted.
    stanleyblade.gif
    niteryder wrote:
    does anyone else have verrucas?? i have about 3 on my foot but one is quite big! im using azuka extra strength on it for bout 2 weeks and seems to be working on the smaller ones :thumb: but cant seem to get much progress on the bigger one :mad: should i just get it frozen off??

OK mate listen up - get down to Boots and buy Scholl Freeze Verruca and Wart Remover. You only need to apply it once (or possibly twice for stubborn buggers) and within 14 days it'll be gone.

It's the same stuff the doctors use in their clinics - I tried it last month honestly it's the dog's bollocks.
    OK mate listen up - get down to Boots and buy Scholl Freeze Verruca and Wart Remover. You only need to apply it once (or possibly twice for stubborn buggers) and within 14 days it'll be gone.

It's the same stuff the doctors use in their clinics - I tried it last month honestly it's the dog's bollocks.

Is that the freeze off one? My friends little sister had some warts and she used that and said it was the best shes tried.
    my_name wrote:
    Is that the freeze off one? My friends little sister had some warts and she used that and said it was the best shes tried.

Yes - you plug what looks like a cotton wool bug into the nozzle, press the button to pump a bit through till the end of the bud starts to fizz, you then leave it on the verruca for 40 seconds and it's done.

Expensive mind, about £7 IIRC.
    Yes - you plug what looks like a cotton wool bug into the nozzle, press the button to pump a bit through till the end of the bud starts to fizz, you then leave it on the verruca for 40 seconds and it's done.

Expensive mind, about £7 IIRC.

I used one of those - a different brand though and it made no difference it at all. I've had one in my foot for over a year and it has shown no sign of budging whatever i do to it - it seems fully established in my foot. :impissed:

I might however give the scholl one a go and see if thats any more effective.. I want to go swimming again and it's gross. :(
    up your ante on vit. C, also I was injured and didnt go the the gym for a while and so the times i went for a shower was reduced i notced it had dired up as well had the f*ucker for almost 2 years now now its gone so dry your feet the best you can
    Here's a tip... Ditch the medical stuff...
    Eat a banana before you go to bed... cut a bit of banana skin up, and using a plaster stick the inside of the skin onto the verruca... In the morning take it off and wash your foot... do it for a few nights running... it should help.
    :thumb:
    Sounds bizzar, but really works. Honest.
    i had three on one foot for years, kept on using bazuka but it didn't work, eventually left them and they just fell off! Tried using T tree oil too which is better than bazuka, natural tea tree oil
    Bazuka never worked for me. Always used to get them in secondary school and the PE always claimed that they can only be passed on by swimming...
    so you know when you get them frozen off do they just instantly go? or do they like heal up or drop off? im really in the dark!
    Dont U Fools!

Okay, Listen up you barnacle heads, Freezing verrucas WILL NOT HELP, freezing off verrucas means it has more chance of coming back then letting it naturally go.

Okay listen to my story. When I was 11 I had a verruca, I was so ashamed that I didn’t go swimming for 2 years:blush: . My mum suggested we tried a shrudopadist (A person who comes with a scalpel and chops at your verruca). After 1 year off that the verruca had spread to 7 further verrucas. We stopped the treatment and went on to thinking of freezing. We bought a freezing kit from boots and experimented on one verruca.

It was rather painful, and after a few months a black dot was in my place of my verruca, we saw our doctor, who said it was a scar of my verruca and was likely to be there my whole life. Our doctor suggested letting them naturally go, and after 3 years all of them had gone!

Now I am left with that black blob and I know that this doesn’t always happens with freezing, but its worth the wait then the life time Black Blob.
    :banghead:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Thanks for bringing up an old thread to let us know that amazingly vital piece of information :rolleyes:

that has never worked for mine and i have tried it several times. maybe mine are just particularly stubborn - bazuka doesn't work either.
    only just noticed that it was an old post! :blush: sorry guys.