Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pills periods and illness :oS

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im on mircogynon 30. Im about 3/4 of the way through a pack.

I have been quite sick for the past few days and i can only assume that i have not been keeping my pill down because i have started to get pains in my tummy that i get normally a couple of days before i come on.:(

So my plan is just stop taking my pill and let my period start, and then start taking it again 7 days from when i first started being sick. So all i am doing is basiucally moving my break and then starting a new packet when after my period and just leaving the week ish i have left of the pack im on now. sorry if thats confusing lol

I'm not worried about it acting as contraception as unfortunately im not having sex:grump: so being unprotected for few days is no problem.

All i want to make sure is that by starting my period early, im not damaging my body at all.

Anyone got any advice..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    can't see it would be a problem tbh.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The only thing with doing it that way is that I always hated having a tummy bug and a period at the same time. It always made me feel about 10 times worse :(

Hope you feel better soon.
    Well i have stopped throwing up every 10 seconds now which was lovely! I think at least if i get them both out the way now, i'll be able to enjoy next few weeks including my holiday without thinkin about it lol

thinking positive..
    i hope i feel better soon
    If your not worried about the contraception then it'll be fine, you can stop taking it anytime you like.

Just remember if your situation changes that it won't work as a contraceptive until you've been taking it again for 7 days.
    lexijb wrote:

So my plan is just stop taking my pill and let my period start, and then start taking it again 7 days from when i first started being sick. So all i am doing is basiucally moving my break QUOTE]

:no: just keep taking your pill till you actually finish the pack, you may not be having sex so theres no need to worry but these are still chemicals that are bein put into your body and theres 21 of them to take 21 of them!:yes:

it wouldnt really cause any harm but you could end up mucking up your whole cycle. (trust me i know:razz: )