Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Spiderman 3

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just saw a trailer for it on MTV News and it looks awesome, although I am confused as I thought I saw 2 spidermans in it, one dressed in a red outfit and one in a black one????

Anyone know something about this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe I should have paid attention to the trailer and see that it was a window reflection and whatever...
    Anyway, the trailer...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/large.html
    It is the alien symbiote story so their will be Venom in it.
    hmmm, I'll probably be wrong but I think/hope that Venom will have a tiny part in this one. Three super villains in one film might be stretching it.

I can see the last scene of the third one ending with the symbiote finding Eddie Brock and setting up the fourth one. Going by the imdb, Eddie Brock is in Spidey 3.

Hmmmm.
    Who are the other villains in spiderman 3 then? I know we saw the green goblin suit found in spiderman 2 but i didnt think that meant this film was gona be another goblin film. Also the sandman im pretty sure is like an opening villain spiderman deals with inside 20 minutes of the flick starting anyway. I thought it was all Venom.
    I suppose it would be harry osbourne as the Hobgoblin. But that could be a twenty minute end sequence. i don't know. Maybe Sandman and Hobgoblin could bookmark a film mostly about venom but it seems an awful lot to cram into two hours.

Unfortunately the lack of Venom in the trailer means bugger all. Either he's in it but they're keeping him out of the trailers to build the anticipation or he's just not really in it at all.

guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Infinite wrote:
    I suppose it would be harry osbourne as the Hobgoblin. But that could be a twenty minute end sequence. i don't know. Maybe Sandman and Hobgoblin could bookmark a film mostly about venom but it seems an awful lot to cram into two hours.

Unfortunately the lack of Venom in the trailer means bugger all. Either he's in it but they're keeping him out of the trailers to build the anticipation or he's just not really in it at all.

guess we'll have to wait and see.

You are absolutely correct, Harry is gonna be the Goblin.
    And than there are Sandman and Venom.
    Oh and apparently, there will be a 4th villain, which they say will reveal in due time.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I wonder how they explain Harry becoming the Goblin... Surely after finding out the secret room he understood that his father was the Goblin. But he was only a "bad" guy in 2 because he thought Spidey had killed his father. Shouldn't he understand that his father was evil then?
    Especially since in 1 the Goblin almost killed Mary Jane, I'd have thought Harry wouldn't want to be him.

I know that this is how it went in the comics, but this doesn't seem to be the kind of Harry we've seen in the movies.
    I think it's more that harry is going a bit mad. Hearing his dad's voice and all. So he may just gradually lose his grip on reality. Or something might happen in the film to set him off.

migpilot wrote:
    Oh and apparently, there will be a 4th villain, which they say will reveal in due time.

Really? Wowser. Spidey is going to be a busy guy! Might be the Lizard, Doc Conners was in the second film. Or Carnage, that storyline is open via Venom.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The lizard is a good bet, I thought the same when I saw Connors in 2.
    As for Carnage, I doubt it. Even if Venom is in this movie, it would be too much to squeeze all three of the costume, Venom and Carnage in the same movie.
    I'm hoping the Harry become the GreenGoblin and not the Hobgoblin as they have been really good so far with keeping with the comics hope they dont change it now.

Vemon YAY!!!! hope this leads to Carnage coming into the fourth film :yippe:
    So, watching the trailer for it you can see both Sandman and Goblin are villains. You can see Mary Jane is unhappy with Peter and falls into the arms of Harry Osbourne while Peter under the influence of the evil symbiote is straying with Gwen Stacey (police cheifs daughter). I dont think Venom is in it...except maybe at the very very end like in Spiderman 2 when Osbourne finds his dads Goblin stuff. It will be the cliffhanger for spiderman 4.
    maybe carnage is the 4th villain? venom is there so it makes sense really...